Forum Stats

• 3,752,514 Users
  • 2,250,513 Discussions
  • 7,867,862 Comments

Discussions

How to Edit the data on the raw (with pop-up page) & how to change color of the raw when the cursor

3474044 Member Posts: 203
edited Jun 23, 2017 1:42PM in APEX Discussions

ANSWER IS ON COMMENTS. PLEASE READ THROUGH THOSE TO GET CORRECT ANSWER. AND COMMENTED SCREENSHOTS BY THE BEST USER (@AdamJaws ) HELPS A LOT TO COMPARE YOUR WORK WITH HIS. THANKS FOR HELPING!!!!

Hi All,

I hope you had a great weekend.

I have two questions,

1) I have a table with data. When I move mouse around the table, the rows is highlighted with grey color. I want to change that color to different color (such as light blue). How can I do it?

2) I want to add function to the "pencil icon" that when i press it, it creates new pop-up page on the page of the table -(on the current page) and gives me options to delete the row i clicked the pencil icon on, add new elements to it -basically, edit it.

Can anyone help me with these? I would really appreciate!

The following screenshots are for to clarify my question and the settings i have. I am sorry if I had any grammar issues and  added any unnecessary screenshots.

THANKS!

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

This is what i want to change (background color for column when i move the mouse on it and the pencil icon which i want to click and edit that row.Capture3.PNGCapture4.PNG

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• AdamJaws
    AdamJaws Member Posts: 301 Red Ribbon
    edited Jun 20, 2017 1:16PM

Let me begin by saying This is 2 different questions and should be asked as such. Also, demanding answers such as posting random in other spaces will make most of the "experts" to stay away.

The highlighting requires customization last I knew and that means a bit more work outside of my limited knowledge.

The linking is easy as long as you have everything set up already. Change link to single row view to Link to Custom Target. From there you will need to tell it the page you have made in order to "edit" the record. Keep in mind you will have to have a modal page for the processing of the row, if this is the way you choose. Also, you will need a primary key to tell the link what row you are processing (ROWID may work depending on how you have it set).

Might I recommend changing the idea of the pencil to making your first column the link instead? It is dependent on look on feel for yourself. But you would set the column type to link and follow the same rules basically. just need link text and link attributes. Just another thought.

LINK TEXT: <span>#COLUMN_NAME#</span>

LINK ATTRIBUTE: class="t-Button t-Button--warning"

Another option would be the Interactive Grid all depends on the needs.

edited Jun 20, 2017 1:26PM

thank you for your comment! You are correct that i needed to create two different discussions for those questions.

For your answer, it is so complicated to understand it for me. But thanks for it. Also, i want to tell about what i have tried already:

1) I created new page - form and report; or just form; or just report - but it didn't work. When i added that page on the pencil icon, it created new page with only column named ID and after i choose anything with ID, it took me to the new page where i could edit the data.(also, i made them modal page)

- what i want is to click the pencil icon and get into the modal page where I can edit every cell's data (for only row which i chose the pencil icon on it).

Can you please help with this? Is there anything misunderstandable that i need to clarify?

Thanks

• AdamJaws
    edited Jun 20, 2017 1:31PM

I will create a very simple example on apex.oracle.com and give you the creditails to view everything. It should be able 10 minuted to set it up, as long as Apex is running nicely.

edited Jun 20, 2017 1:34PM

thank you so much!  i appreciate it!

• AdamJaws
    edited Jun 20, 2017 1:52PM

go to apex.oracle.com

username: help_me

password: abc123

• AdamJaws
    edited Jun 20, 2017 1:54PM

The example I showed is using the first column not the pencil. but the approach is the same either way.

edited Jun 20, 2017 1:57PM

Thank you!

That's a great example!

I am just checking the pages' attributes to see what i had done wrong and what i need to change.

thanks again!

I appreciate it!

edited Jun 20, 2017 1:58PM

is there any way to create "samplelink" automatically? Or, should create all the buttons and items?

Thanks!

• AdamJaws
    edited Jun 20, 2017 2:06PM

That is based on your preference. I used the page create wizard to make that quick.

Click create page

select form

form on table

change to modal

no navigation

then select the table you are using and the rows (best to select all rows and hide whats not needed)

My table had a Primary key so I used that instead of ROWID

and then you should be good.

Make sure to set the link to clear cache of the page your linking to.

You will need to make a refresh on modal close in order to update the table. The information will process but not display until the table is refreshed otherwise. I will try to give you an example with this.

• AdamJaws
    edited Jun 20, 2017 2:13PM

Alright there you should be good now.

This discussion has been closed.