Forum Stats

• 3,874,838 Users
  • 2,266,780 Discussions
  • 7,911,975 Comments

Discussions

Search item near the default search on interactive report (on APEX 5.04)

2»

Answers

• Zapp_Brannigan
    Zapp_Brannigan Member Posts: 105
    edited Jul 11, 2017 3:29PM

Hi @cs-ftw,

The class where you were putting it in was IRR Button, Which will be always on the Right of the IR., according to the template Design of IR.

For a suggestion. You should avoid Two Search Fields on a single bar. UI Looks fuzzy IR Toolbar.

Use the following:

pastedImage_0.png

Regards,

Zapp

3474044 Member Posts: 203
    edited Jul 11, 2017 4:17PM

Hi, thanks for helping and t is working, but,

I get the text field to closer and the search button is still in the right side. For the search button's name (in the picture "BTN199), do we choose the Button Name (also label) ? Thanks again for helping!

Please, see the following screenshots for more information. Thanks again!

1.PNG2.PNG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4.PNG

edited Jul 11, 2017 4:23PM

I understood about the part with SEARCH button. I added "BTN199" to static id which made search button to come  closer.

Still, i want to move Searchbar little bit right so, it can be shown more organized and correct.  Thanks for helping again!

Please, see the following screenshot for current result. Thanks!

1.PNG

• Zapp_Brannigan
    Zapp_Brannigan Member Posts: 105
    edited Jul 12, 2017 12:02AM

Hi @cs-ftw

You could add Selector + CSS line for every item and give them a decent margin, left right or bottom.

$('#BTN199').css('margin-left,'10px');

or Padding-left, right.

Hope you understood.

Regards,

Zapp

edited Jul 12, 2017 9:10AM Answer ✓

Hi @Zapp_Brannigan ,

Thank you so much for your help!!! It worked!  The following is the exact code I needed and you helped me to create it. For all other users, I'll add the final code and the result here right here.

Thanks again! THE CORRECT ANSWER WAS GIVEN BY @Zapp_Brannigan and I used his answers and edited the search item!

//Add the following code to the page's "Execute when Page Loads".// Customizing the place of the "Network Search" item.$(function(){ //making search iteam and button together and right side of the deafult search    var a = $("#P13_SEARCHBAR"); //search item    var b = $("label#P13_SEARCHBAR_LABEL"); //it's label.    var c =$("#BTN199"); //the button        $(".a-IRR-actions").after(a);    $("#P13_SEARCHBAR_LABEL").css("margin-left","800px"); //moving label (including text item and button) to right    $("#P13_SEARCHBAR").css("margin-left","5px"); //white space between the text item and "searchbar" - label    $("#P13_SEARCHBAR").css("margin-right","8px"); //white space between the text item and button    $(".a-IRR-actions").after(b);    $("#P13_SEARCHBAR").after(c);}); //end

RESULT:

1.PNG

To clarify where I put the code:

2.PNG

Zapp_Brannigan
This discussion has been closed.