• 3,770,027 Users
  • 2,253,050 Discussions
  • 7,875,270 Comments

Discussions

ora-0103

User_6S0AY
User_6S0AY Member Posts: 657 Blue Ribbon
edited Jul 13, 2017 2:25PM in General Database Discussions

We are in 12.1.0.2 on Linux. I see that one of our query timeout due to above error ora-0103 that says user cancels the current operations. I checked alert log and did not see any errors. I checked AWR reports and found "failed login delay" as the top 5 events. Can you please tell me what does it mean and what causes this error? I did not find any oracle docs that explained it. Please help.

AndrewSayer

Answers

• AndrewSayer
    AndrewSayer Member Posts: 12,998 Gold Crown
    edited Jul 13, 2017 1:44PM
    1049595 wrote:We are in 12.1.0.2 on Linux. I see that one of our query timeout due to above error ora-0103 that says user cancels the current operations. I checked alert log and did not see any errors. I checked AWR reports and found "failed login delay" as the top 5 events. Can you please tell me what does it mean and what causes this error? I did not find any oracle docs that explained it. Please help.

Caused by the client sending a cancelation request (like ctrl + c in sqlplus). So why is the client cancelling it?

Failed login delay means exactly how it sounds, you have users trying to login but their attempts are having to be restricted (because the user has previously entered the wrong password) this is completely different observation. Presumably your logs for your application are showing you the ora-1017 error being hit?

• John Thorton
    John Thorton Member Posts: 14,493 Silver Crown
    edited Jul 13, 2017 2:25PM
    1049595 wrote:We are in 12.1.0.2 on Linux. I see that one of our query timeout due to above error ora-0103 that says user cancels the current operations. I checked alert log and did not see any errors. I checked AWR reports and found "failed login delay" as the top 5 events. Can you please tell me what does it mean and what causes this error? I did not find any oracle docs that explained it. Please help.

too bad  COPY & PASTE are broken for you

It appears that you have a problem accurately reporting reality.

I doubt that you got ORA-00103 error

[[email protected] ~]$ oerr ora 103

00103, 00000, "invalid network protocol; reserved for use by dispatchers"

// *Cause: The network specified in the SQL*Net connect string is reserved

//         for use by the dispatchers.

// *Action: Specify other network protocols in the connection string.

please use COPY & PASTE in the future ALWAYS!

You have an IMPRESSIVE LOOOOONG list of unanswered threads. Why is that?

AndrewSayer
This discussion has been closed.