• 2,264,102 Discussions
  • 7,905,057 Comments

Discussions

ADF-JET with REST endpoints configuration for different environments

AinoAndriessen
AinoAndriessen Member Posts: 134
edited Aug 15, 2017 6:54AM in Oracle JET

Hi,

The other discussion ( ) provided the instructions to configure the rest endpoints for other environments (DEV, TEST, PROD)  for a JET application. I'm very happy with that.

However, we're currently working on a slightly different approach that JET is included in an ADF taskflow.

This doesn't allow the standard method because the application is now packaged as an ADF library and deployed to Weblogic.

What could in this situation be the approach to use different REST endpoints for each environment?

regards

Aino

Tagged:

Answers

• Duncan Mills-Oracle
    Duncan Mills-Oracle Member Posts: 4,079 Employee
    edited Aug 15, 2017 5:07AM

Apart from don't do it? - you've seen my presentation  on this topic right Aino?

That aside - you could simply define the endpoint as a content param in web.xml which you can easily manage through deployment profiles in the normal way.

Then you can inject that value into the JavaScript world using a call to addScript on the ExtendedRenderkitService.  You can configure this to execute in the task flow using a method activity that you transition to as the default activity in TF so the script is queued up before the JET containing view activity is invoked.  The thing to watch for would be be timing.  Your JET content may well execute before the subsequent call to set the endpoint is made from the script fragment that you add.  So you need to be ready to wait for that in the JET code before trying to access any of the services that depend on the injected value.

• AinoAndriessen
    AinoAndriessen Member Posts: 134
    edited Aug 15, 2017 6:32AM

Hi Duncan,

I agree with you that you shouldn't do it.

However, we have a situation that the application runs in webcenter portal.

Which provides us with the challenge that the deployment to wc portal happens via a shared adf library. And neither the adf library or the shared library war file contains a web.xml :-(.

Regards

• Duncan Mills-Oracle
    Duncan Mills-Oracle Member Posts: 4,079 Employee
    edited Aug 15, 2017 6:54AM

I guess it's a question of how flexible WebLogic deployment plans can be with regards to types of deployment - e.g. Shared Libraries in this case.

That's off topic for this forum though.