• 2,264,430 Discussions
  • 7,905,815 Comments

Discussions

Error oracle.forms.engine.Main not found.java.lang.ClassNotFoundException

Mak k
Mak k Member Posts: 67 Red Ribbon
edited Sep 10, 2017 10:12AM in Forms

Hi All ,

I was start getting below error while i have deleted everything from cache under Control panel > Java > Temp Int. files directory structure manually. Before everything was working perfectly!

I was following and go through various threads about same kind of error but there was nothing such to fix this issue.

Please request you all to share if, you have fixed this issue over Forms 11g.

Error:

Error oracle.forms.engine.Main not found.java.lang.ClassNotFoundException

Regards,

M

Mak k

Best Answer

• Mak k
    edited Sep 7, 2017 12:46AM Answer ✓

Gary, thanks for your interest looking into this issue however we have preferred re-installation as we didn't find resolution for this issue and now everything working perfect.

PS: URL was Ok. We tried with or without config and didn't work anything that time.

Regards,

M k

Answers

• Gary_A
    Gary_A Member Posts: 624 Bronze Badge
    edited Aug 24, 2017 9:22AM

Fixed what issue? You have given no information other than an error you received. Please supply more information, like how you called for form, what forms version, what java version, what platform for app server, etc. The simple answer without any info is that you have done something wrong.

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,411 Employee
    edited Aug 24, 2017 12:03PM

As Gary mentioned, you haven't provided much info other than the error message.

As a general statement, there are a variety of things that can cause this error.  This Java error is mostly clear enough that you should be able to at least understand why things aren't working.  Here is the translation of the error:

oracle.forms.engine.Main not found.java.lang.ClassNotFoundException

A Java class file named Main.class, which is found in the directory structure oracle/forms/engine (oracle.forms.engine) cannot be not found.

I don't expect anyone to know this, although it should be obvious since we only use one jar file, but Main.class lives in frmall.jar.  So the error suggests that either Main.class is not in frmall.jar (this is extremely unlikely) OR frmall.jar is not being delivered to the client.  There are several reason why the jar may not be making its way to the user's machine.  The first and easiest test is to simply see if you can get to it from a browser.  So, try this:

http://yourserver:port/forms/java/frmall.jar

I expect that you will be prompted to Save or Open this file.  If so, cancel the prompt.  You can assume this test passed successfully.  At this point we would need more details about what you are doing and your environment.

If the test fails, this means you are either using the wrong server name, port, or protocol.  If this isn't the case and you know the URL is correct, your configuration may have been incorrectly altered (formsweb.cfg, forms.conf, etc).  Again more information will be needed.

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM

Mak k
  • Mak k
    edited Aug 25, 2017 1:21AM

Hi M,

I am sorry for that .. was unable to attach screen shots that time about the error desc. am getting after deleting file from cache as mentioned in main thread.

1)

For your note everything was working fine before i.e. i was able to open my application using below URLs:

http://myserver:7777/forms/frmservlet?config=myapp

OR

http://myserver:7777/forms/frmservlet?forms=myform.fmx

I was testing another issue (Icons not displaying), somehow i have deleted all the files including directories ( path mentioned above) from cache directory and start getting error ( Scrshot attached) .

1.jpg

2.jpg

2).

Also , below URL not working and i am getting Error 404--Not found

http://myserver:7777/forms/java/frmall.jar

3).

Java 6 -1.6.0_29

F&R-11.1.2.2.0

WLS-1036 Gen

DB-11g

Regards,

M

• Mak k
    edited Aug 25, 2017 1:26AM

Thanks for looking my error Thread and your response. Details have been shared.

• Mak k
    edited Aug 25, 2017 6:44AM

Hi Experts ,

Any guideline to fix this issue , shall we go and do a fresh installation needed ?

Regards,

M

Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,411 Employee
    edited Aug 25, 2017 8:18AM

You need to re-read my comments.  In it I explain the possible causes which in turn offer the possible solutions.

1.  Have you altered, deleted or in any way interfered with frmall.jar or its location (\forms\java) in the installation?  If so, fix it.

2.  If you are attempting to access through OHS (and likely you are if you are using port 7777), does it work when using the managed server port (e.g. 9001)?  If so, OHS is either not running or is mis-configured.  If so, fix it.

3.  Your screen shot suggests you are either trying to run a WebUtil enabled form and/or have altered the configuration (formsweb.cfg) to include WebUtil when you actually may not need it.  Remove these changes and test a simple form that does not use WebUtil.  For example use the test form Oracle provides (test.fmx).  If this works, the problem is related to your WebUtil configuration.  If so, fix it.

And finally, although not related to your issue, be aware that Java 6 was desupported long ago.  Also, Forms 11 and older are no longer supported either.  If you are just experimenting and/or learning Forms, I strongly recommend you move to v12.  If you are doing this as part of an organization with existing applications, I would encourage you to consider an upgrade plan as soon as possible.

Michael Ferrante

Oracle

• Mak k
    edited Aug 26, 2017 4:26AM

Hi M.. many thanks replying over the issue i have been stopped.

Please see my remarks on all your points for further assistance:

1.  Have you altered, deleted or in any way interfered with frmall.jar or its location (\forms\java) in the installation?  If so, fix it.

Not at all with frmall.jar explicitly. However it is helpful if you can share what/how is the fix for that if, something have been changed implicitly.

For your information, i was doing something related to display my icons and created a jar file and placed in this location(forms\java) including some standard changes to display icons, and application was even running well except icons after those changes.

2.  If you are attempting to access through OHS (and likely you are if you are using port 7777), does it work when using the managed server port (e.g. 9001)?  If so, OHS is either not running or is mis-configured.  If so, fix it.

In my first attempt i.e.after installation i was using 9001 port and it is running perfectly without an issue. And after that we have configured OHS for 7777 and it was also running perfectly without an issue.

But Yes, after installing OHS ,our 9001 port stop working but as we also don't need it hence we have not made any changes/analysis to keep up 9001.

3.  Your screen shot suggests you are either trying to run a WebUtil enabled form and/or have altered the configuration (formsweb.cfg) to include WebUtil when you actually may not need it.  Remove these changes and test a simple form that does not use WebUtil.  For example use the test form Oracle provides (test.fmx).  If this works, the problem is related to your WebUtil configuration.  If so, fix it.

Yes correct , am using webutil and successfully implemented and tested some Forms before error and that was also running perfectly even with both ports 9001 and 7777.

I also done testing on our simple Form having no Webutil including test.fmx but now nothing worked.

PS: i have explicitly deleted all the files from my Java cache directory for some Icon related req. and start getting this errors as i remember.

And finally, although not related to your issue, be aware that Java 6 was desupported long ago.  Also, Forms 11 and older are no longer supported either.  If you are just experimenting and/or learning Forms, I strongly recommend you move to v12.  If you are doing this as part of an organization with existing applications, I would encourage you to consider an upgrade plan as soon as possible.

Yes agree with you. We also recommending to go with supported Java version and v12. This was just an analysis to make sure that we are not going to be stopped like in mid while supporting a critical application.

Regards,

M

edited Aug 28, 2017 10:18AM

Your reply is very difficult to follow.  In one place you say that something is wrong with OHS (7777), but you decided you don't want to use it so you aren't going to fix it.  However, then you share a screen shot that clearly is trying to use 7777.  You also said that you did make any changes to frmall.jar explicitly.  What are you suggesting?  It doesn't matter if you explicitly made the changes or something else made changes to it.  The question is, was the file altered or not?  The product itself does not alter this file after installation.  So if it was changed, you did it.  The only way to correct such a change would be to reinstall or install a newer patch that updates the file.

You also said that you are planning to move to v12, but wanted to ensure you didn't have problems first.  What does this have to do with using V11?  The use of v11 will introduce a different set of problems than v12.  For example, the jar files in v11 are signed with code signing certificates that have expired.  This is not an issue in the latest Forms version.

Given it sounds like you have a damaged installation and you are planning to move to v12 anyway, I recommend abandoning your v11 efforts and move directly to 12.  However, do NOT attempt to replace your existing production environment with v12 until you have performed a complete installation, configuration, and test of your application(s) on a test environment.  Moving directly to production is a mistake.

Michael Ferrante

Oracle

• Mak k
    edited Aug 29, 2017 5:36AM

HI MF .. Seems discussion on this topic is not helpful at all so we can just drop it..

I was assuming that this is known issue OR we have a solution for this kind of errors/issue but we can drop out if above mentioned not clarifies and makes confusions to understand/fixing.

Regards,

M

• Gary_A
    Gary_A Member Posts: 624 Bronze Badge
    edited Sep 6, 2017 1:49PM

I also notice in your URL you used froms= instead of form=

and do not use a config= at all.

This discussion has been closed.