• 2,250,455 Discussions
  • 7,867,708 Comments

Discussions

Oracle Data Miner installation error - SQL developer 17.3

rraghavus
rraghavus Member Posts: 1
edited Oct 10, 2017 10:31AM in Machine Learning

Hi,

I am trying to install Data miner on oracle Oracle Database 12c (12.2.0.1.0) on windows 10 with SQL developer 17.3. while creating the repository, I received the following errors:

SEVERE 371 59 oracle.dmt.dataminer.runner.RunItem$RunTimerTask Unmonitorable Exception encountered

SEVERE 367 0 oracle.dmt.dataminer.runner.RunItem RunItem: unable to read repository config table.

but on completion of the process, I received message " PL/SQL Procedure completed Successfully".

Now, I have tried to open the repository (by expanding the connection), it doesn't open at all, neither any error pops-up.

Other way I tried to install from command prompt using sys account, it completed succesful, but when trying to connect on sql-developer - Data Miner view- the following error pops-up

"This connection cannot be used for Data Mining because it is configured as a SYSDBA, or ODMRSYS connection."

Please help in resolving this issue.

Thanks

Rishi

Answers

• Mark Kelly-Oracle
    Mark Kelly-Oracle Member Posts: 686
    edited Oct 10, 2017 10:31AM

Hi,

We can not recreate your issue. Are you installing ODMr repository on a container db or non-container db? If you are installing on a container db you must install the repository as a local user in a container. And the connections to the db must be specified correctly so they map to the container.

Thx, Mark

This discussion has been closed.