Forum Stats

• 3,814,147 Users
  • 2,258,828 Discussions
  • 7,892,587 Comments

Discussions

Created row in one view object to be visible in another view object.

Pamela
Pamela Member Posts: 201 Blue Ribbon
edited Nov 14, 2017 6:47AM in JDeveloper and ADF

Hello,

I have two view objects that share the same entity object. Both are able to insert into this entity object.

Is there a way to make a newly inserted line in one of the view objects to be visible in the second view object, without using post changes?

Pamela

Answers

• MAZZ
    MAZZ Member Posts: 186
    edited Nov 14, 2017 5:46AM

what is the difference between two view objects?

Regards,

MAZ

Pamela
  • Pamela
    edited Nov 14, 2017 5:54AM

One of the view objects is used for displaying a full list of all records. It has a few extra columns and has extra entities joined with it, so it can display extra data and can be filtered.

The other is simple view object based on the entity for editing one table.

I use that simple entity for a form and also in a tree table on the same page so its a bit complicated.

Also I have linked the two view objects with a view link 1:1 relationship, so the list can be edit and that works for existing rows but doesn't work for a new row.

• MAZZ
    MAZZ Member Posts: 186
    edited Nov 14, 2017 6:11AM

So there is no difference in where clause and you are not applying any view criteria in 2 VOs??

What about refreshing VO using executeQuery.

Regards,

MAZ

• Pamela
    edited Nov 14, 2017 6:28AM

Tried it in the application module. Creating a new row in the list view object that has where clause. Then giving execute query in the view link or in the edit view object and nothing happens. The new row doesn't appear.

• Alejandro Tovar Lanz
    Alejandro Tovar Lanz Member Posts: 1,631 Bronze Trophy
    edited Nov 14, 2017 6:47AM

Hi Pamela,

I believe you need to call the 'Execute' method on the 2nd VO after you have inserted the row in the 1st VO.

Alejandro

This discussion has been closed.