• 7,892,587 Comments

Discussions

Menu does not work in Chrome

Verdasca
Verdasca Member Posts: 7
edited Dec 6, 2017 6:39AM in JDeveloper and ADF

Hi everyone

JDeveloper Version 12.2.1.0.0

I'm having a problem in ADF using the af:menuBar, af:menu and respective af:commandMenuItem in Chrome.

Problem:

Basically when I click on my menu button it does not open the options I have or in other words it does not display the menu options. This problem only happens in Chrome with the page scroll in the middle or below (if it's on top or not moved, it works). I tested in Firefox and IE and it works fine.

The menu is inside a table (a column) and I removed all the css applied and other style classes, but no effect. I really need help with this because I need the page to work in Firefox, IE and Chrome. But Chrome is really giving me a hard time to solve this (it works in firefix and IE :/ ). Is this a ADF or Chrome or af:table bug? I have notice that this happens also to the sortable icons of the table, when I click in the up or down arrow icon (with the scroll page in the middle or below, this is very important because it only happens in this situation) it does not sort the column :/

My Code:

<af:panelGroupLayout id="pglListView" styleClass="AFStretchWidth" layout="vertical">

<af:table value="#{bindings.ServiceCategoryListVO.collectionModel}"

styleClass="AFStretchWidth DSPTableList" var="row"

emptyText="#{dspentitiesmanagementuiBundle.NO_DATA}" rowBandingInterval="0" id="t1"

columnStretching="column:c1" varStatus="vs">

<af:column sortProperty="#{bindings.ServiceCategoryListVO.hints.ServiceCategoryName.label}"

sortable="true" headerText="#{dspentitiesmanagementuiBundle.SERVICE_CATEGORY}" id="c1"

width="300px" styleClass="AFStretchWidth"

inlineStyle="#{row.DeletedBool ? 'background-color: #e9e7e5; color:#696969 !important;' : ''}">

</af:column>

<af:column headerText="" styleClass="AFStretchWidth" id="c2" width="100px"

inlineStyle="#{row.DeletedBool ? 'background-color: #e9e7e5;' : ''}">

<af:panelGroupLayout id="pgl2" layout="horizontal" styleClass="AFStretchWidth">

<af:spacer width="5px" id="s5"/>

<af:menuBar id="mb1" styleClass="DSPMenuBar">

<af:menu id="m1" styleClass="DSPMenu">

<af:commandMenuItem text="Restore"

id="ppContextArchive"

actionListener="#{pageFlowScope.ServiceCategory.updateEntityState}"

styleClass="DSPMenuItem">

<f:attribute name="serviceCategoryId" value="#{row.ServiceCategoryId}"/>

<f:attribute name="serviceCategoryDeleted" value="#{row.DeletedBool}"/>

</af:commandMenuItem>

</af:menu>

</af:menuBar>

</af:panelGroupLayout>

</af:column>

</af:table>

</af:panelGroupLayout>

I appreciate any help or suggestions. Thank you all for your time.

Best Answer

Answers

• Gado
    Gado Member Posts: 626 Blue Ribbon
    edited Nov 29, 2017 9:54AM

Hi @Verdasca,

Well i had a lot of problems with chrome.

One specific problem was in login when using ADF security ... User had to sign in many times before he could sign in.

This magically didn't happen with FireFox ... So i stopped using chrome and notified the client to only use the app on firefox.

Sorry but this is the only solution i had ... and i hope that someone out there may tell us how to make ADF work with chrome.

Thank you

Gado

• William Perez Soto-Oracle
    William Perez Soto-Oracle Member Posts: 16 Employee
    edited Dec 1, 2017 12:45PM Answer ✓

Hello,

Similar issue with Chrome was reported for other components. See Note 2314113.1.

Try Patch 26834987 and retest.

Note: ensure to clear browser cache after patching and before testing again. Maybe using Incognito mode too.

• Verdasca
    Verdasca Member Posts: 7
    edited Dec 6, 2017 6:39AM

Hi William,

Installing the Patch worked perfectly. Thank you so much

This discussion has been closed.