• 7,875,044 Comments

Discussions

Performance - loading 2 taskflows at the same time

Pedro Curto
Pedro Curto Member Posts: 39
edited Jan 23, 2018 6:58AM in JDeveloper and ADF

Hello,

I'm using JDeveloper 12.2.1.

I was looking for a away to force 2 task flows regions to load in parallel in a jsff page, but I haven't found it.

For example the task flow "indicatorsTF1" and "taskListTF1" are independent and I want to load them at the same time (by default they are load in sequence).

pastedImage_0.png

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Pedro Curto

Tagged:
Hammam Samir

Best Answer

• SanjeevChauhan
    SanjeevChauhan Member Posts: 1,554 Gold Trophy
    edited Jan 19, 2018 6:07AM Accepted Answer

When you say loading, I believe you mean to say they are running sequentially in server.

That is how ADF works. ADF does not create any thread to run task-flows in parallel. They all are part of one thread.

Server will create a new thread to handle each request but there is only one thread to run a single request. For example if two users are accessing web application, there would be two threads running, but for one request there would only be one thread. So one request will do everything sequentially.

Thanks

Sanjeev

Hammam Samir

Answers

• SanjeevChauhan
    SanjeevChauhan Member Posts: 1,554 Gold Trophy
    edited Jan 19, 2018 6:07AM Accepted Answer

When you say loading, I believe you mean to say they are running sequentially in server.

That is how ADF works. ADF does not create any thread to run task-flows in parallel. They all are part of one thread.

Server will create a new thread to handle each request but there is only one thread to run a single request. For example if two users are accessing web application, there would be two threads running, but for one request there would only be one thread. So one request will do everything sequentially.

Thanks

Sanjeev

Hammam Samir
  • Pedro Curto
    Pedro Curto Member Posts: 39
    edited Jan 23, 2018 6:58AM

It seems there is no way to do this in ADF.

However, I found the following article interesting and help me improve the page render time in ADF when there is multiple task flows in one page:

http://www.ateam-oracle.com/improving-adf-page-rendering-time/

This discussion has been closed.