Forum Stats

• 3,782,429 Users
  • 2,254,644 Discussions
  • 7,880,078 Comments

Discussions

How Can I Avoid Table Locks that normally shows data in query mode.

usman_noshahi
usman_noshahi Member Posts: 165 Blue Ribbon
edited Feb 8, 2018 12:19AM in Forms

I am using Database 12c with Oracle Forms 12.2.1.3.0 (Production)

I have one module that loads or shows twelve month history of Student and end use can update the any record as per required.

But I have noticed that, before posting of committing, The underlying table becomes under lock and at the same time if there any insert in the same table, entire the process stucks.

I am trying to use View but form is not allowing to update the view in case I want to use Instead of triggers.

Please guide me, how can I hold the update at once without facing any locks because this table is used for updates and insert from other modules too.

Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Zlatko Sirotic
    Zlatko Sirotic Member Posts: 2,134 Gold Trophy
    edited Feb 6, 2018 4:17PM Accepted Answer

I failed to understand the problem:

1. The program locks the database rows, even though the user did not change Forms rows?!

2. The program locks the database rows as soon as the user changes the Forms rows, even though the user did not give Save (= COMMIT_FORM)?

The second problem can be easily solved - change the block property Locking Mode from Automatic (= Immediate) to Delayed.

Regards,

Zlatko

Answers

• Zlatko Sirotic
    Zlatko Sirotic Member Posts: 2,134 Gold Trophy
    edited Feb 6, 2018 4:17PM Accepted Answer

I failed to understand the problem:

1. The program locks the database rows, even though the user did not change Forms rows?!

2. The program locks the database rows as soon as the user changes the Forms rows, even though the user did not give Save (= COMMIT_FORM)?

The second problem can be easily solved - change the block property Locking Mode from Automatic (= Immediate) to Delayed.

Regards,

Zlatko

• usman_noshahi
    usman_noshahi Member Posts: 165 Blue Ribbon
    edited Feb 8, 2018 12:19AM

It's perfect.

"change the block property Locking Mode from Automatic (= Immediate) to Delayed."

I changed it and now there is no locking.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.