• 3,837,677 Users
  • 2,262,284 Discussions
  • 7,900,352 Comments

Discussions

Best Practice to perform Mysql 5.7 Databases Schedule Backup

1592990 Member Posts: 3
edited Feb 25, 2018 1:13AM in MySQL Community Space

Dear ,

I need to now the Best and prefer the best Practice  to perform Schedule Backup for MySQL 5.7 Database on Windows Server.

Thanks

Answers

• Dave Stokes-MySQL Community Team-Oracle
    Dave Stokes-MySQL Community Team-Oracle MySQL Community Manager TexasMember Posts: 374 Employee
    edited Feb 22, 2018 10:54AM

There any many examples of using the Windows scheduler to run a batch job that can be found by searching the Internet.

But before you start make sure you know how long you have to retain the data (company policy, legal regulations).  Have an established retention policy that includes an off site storage of data.

If the backups are infrequent, you should also save the binary logs so you can do incremental restorations for data changes after the backup.

Dave Stokes

MySQL Community Manager

1592990 Member Posts: 3
    edited Feb 25, 2018 1:13AM

Hi,

For mysql 5.7 databases schedule backup on windows server I am using backup script from https://www.redolive.com/utah-web-designers-blog/automated-mysql-backup-for-windows/

This script is running fine only the security Issue, this script is using root user with password.

is there any alternate best way to perform schedule backup without using password in the script?

GUI provided by oracle like work bench 6.3 but I didn't find any option for schedule backup for free.

Please suggest me.