• 2,246,863 Discussions
  • 7,857,008 Comments

Discussions

Introduce Yourself

User_8JMPB
User_8JMPB Member Posts: 9 Employee
edited August 2020 in Java Puzzle Ball

Welcome!

Please introduce yourself using this discussion area. Feel free to share what interested you about this MOOC, your time zone / country, what you expect to learn from this course.

MOOC Team

finrodfelagund_Christy77ScadhDaniela Hesse

Comments

• user8151650
    user8151650 Member Posts: 5 Blue Ribbon
    edited March 2018

Hi, I'm dba but I'll love to learn Java, https://www.oracle.com/goto/javagame

Christy77
  • Ashish Mathur-Oracle
    Ashish Mathur-Oracle Member Posts: 5 Employee
    edited March 2018

Hello MOOC Team ! I am Ashish,  working on FMW products and interested in the game based learning. Working in Indian time zone (IST)

Christy77
    3527725 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2018

Hi everyone.

I do scripting , My interest is to learn Object oriented approach while programming.

Christy77
  • GustavoBerumen
    GustavoBerumen Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2018

Hi there. I'm Gustavo Berumen Ruvalcaba. I am a software developer and I am trying to certify in java 8. I work in Mexico with CST (Central Standard Time). Greetings

Christy77
  • Ruth Chirinos
    Ruth Chirinos Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2018

Hi !!

My name is Ruth Chirinos , I am a Software Developer in Java and I want to improve my knowledge with the new characteristics in Java . This will help me to train my mates about new advantages in new version of Java.

Christy77
    3382929 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2018

Hello,

I am Oktay. I'd like to improve my java coding by learn it from the Oracle experts - the source of it, i think-. I am from Turkey. Time zone is UTC+3 (TRT)

Christy77
  • bf64a5c7-36f9-4ccd-ae22-abcb319cbbfc
    edited April 2018

Hi,

I'm Marcos Daniel Saguier (29), I'm interested in game development and of course I love videogames, I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina (UTC-3), I expect to learn good handle of sprites and atlas, maps and characters placement on screen, some resource administration tips, 3d graphics incorporation, camera position and colision detection.

thank you!

Christy77
  • NickR2600-Oracle
    NickR2600-Oracle Member Posts: 530 Employee
    edited April 2018

A big welcome to everyone!

Ha ha, nice to hear you're interested in game development, Marcos!  The course does go a little behind the scenes of Java Puzzle Ball to discuss some of the topics you listed.  Definitely collision detection and project management type stuff.  And the Lesson 4 lab has you create a JavaFX banking application (JavaFX is used for GUI applications like Java Puzzle Ball). Although the main focus is on Java development, I'd be happy to chat more about game development as the course gets going. 

What are you playing now?  I've recently started Metal Gear Solid 5.

Nick

Christy77Scadh
  • Daniela Hesse
    Daniela Hesse Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2018

Hi, my name is Daniela , I am a Software Developer (not in Java) but I want to learn it ;-) I am from Germany, timezone is UTC+1.

Christy77
  • TeresaS
    TeresaS Member Posts: 28
    edited May 2018

I'm Teresa, from California.  I work with Forms & Reports, and I'd like to be able to do more with Java; besides learning new programming techniques.

Christy77
    3701037 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2018

Hello MOOC Team ! I am Ricardo OByrne, working on FMW products and interested in the game based learning. Working in Colombia (UTC-5)

Christy77
  • Christy77
    Christy77 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2018

Hello!

I'm Christy and I'm typing this from Kansas, USA in the Central time zone.

I joined this class because I'm starting training for a new career as a software engineer at the end of this month, and I wanted to get a head start on understanding Java.

Great to meet all of you!

Daniela Hesse
  • Gargoyle
    Gargoyle Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2018

Hi,

Paul from the UK here.

I have a lot of experience with OO PHP, but I am trying to get back into Java (I did some basic Java 1.0/1.1 in uni). I am a big gamer, so I like the idea of using a game to learn the Java stuff.

Going to try and get the game working on JDK 10 in-between lessons. :-)

• JustANewGuy
    JustANewGuy Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2018

Hi MOOC Team,

I am Rex from Philippines, I like to learn Java.

Kindly correct me if I am wrong, is May 02, 2018 09:00 AM US/Pacific equivalent to May 03, 2018 00:00 AM here in Philippines?

Thanks!

3701296 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2018

Hi!  I'm Aaron, from Santa Cruz, CA. 

I'm hoping this will be a good review of OOP concepts for me.  I'm currently enrolled in a nanodegree for Android Dev, a course in Machine Learning, and this.  In another week, I'll be starting a second nanodegree in data science.  Don't know if I'm going to be able to keep pace in all of these at once.

Happy Coding!

-Aaron

• 8c7649ed-6b6b-4310-a3af-485f7c6b4cc1
    edited May 2018

Hi

My Name is Craig and I live on a tiny island in the Caribbean. We were hit by Hurricane Maria and the island is completely devastated. I have taken some online courses in java and android development on coursera and I am hoping this course would further solidify my understanding of programming. It is my hope that I would be able to earn money online as a developer and maybe even start a software company. The opportunities available to us are quite limited but we keep hearing the notion that the internet is suppose to reduce space and distance and be the great equalizer. So i'm hoping with some effort I could leverage the internet for growth and economic prosperity. Maybe oracle learning is just the path I need to follow.

• ReJul
    ReJul Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2018

Hallo, my name is Rene and I am from South Africa. I used to work in the health industry where most of our programs used Java so I would like to learn more about it.

• 83ea28f2-038e-4830-8366-1d6fde3a6800
    edited May 2018

Hai Guys,

I'm Anil and i'm working as java programmer , i want to know what is happening around this java and i think this program will helps me a lot and i'm looking forward for this beauty

• Jajopachi
    Jajopachi Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2018

Hi everyone!!! I'm Jairo, from Venezuela, my GMT is -4:30

I am excited about this MOOC, this is my first Java Course, I want work in the next future like a programmer

• 80e07396-d0e6-4387-b65a-e035f34d8dde
    edited May 2018

Hello everyone,

My name is Rakesh. I am working from Florida, US. I just want to refresh my Java concepts and learn about game thinking strategies. Also, I am curious about the gamification of the learning process so want to experience the learning via Gamification.

Regards

• user8373476
    user8373476 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2018

My name is Cícero, from Porto Alegre, Brazil (UTC -3). I'm a Java developer interested in the game based approach.

• Scadh
    Scadh Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2018

Hi all,

It seems to me that Ia m the only one from the heart of Africa. This is my first experience with MOOC at this platform. I am waiting for interesting ideas sharing.

@NickR2600-Oracle I am playing anything these days. Are you playing the PC version of Metal Gear Solid 5? (don't even know if it exists).

Happy learning to each of us,

Chadrack.

• 10ed99a1-cbd3-4e1e-9e64-66c8bca7fa7c
    edited May 2018

hey i am an android developer and i am interested in java.

• NickR2600-Oracle
    NickR2600-Oracle Member Posts: 530 Employee
    edited May 2018

I have it for PlayStation 4. But yes, it's also available for PC.  I hear there was some controversy around the PC version.  People who opted to buy a physical copy were disappointed to find the only thing on the disc was a downloader for the digital version.

Scadh
  • GuidoAdC
    GuidoAdC Member Posts: 1 Red Ribbon
    edited May 2018

Hi all,

I am Guido from The Netherlands, I work as a DBA for the Rabobank and like to program in PL/SQL and also wants to learn to program in JAVA.

Kind regards,

Guido