• 2,262,201 Discussions
  • 7,900,133 Comments

Discussions

AM pooling parameters recommendations for 400 concurrent users

Shankar
Shankar Member Posts: 380
edited Mar 26, 2018 10:52PM in JDeveloper and ADF

Hi All,

I am looking for AM pooling recommendations parameters for 400 concurrent users.

brief about the application:

the application contains 5 model and 6 UI controller projects

one module taskflows are using in other projects as libs

each project may contain about 150 task flows

we keep on observing when more than 100 users system is going down( we see admin/managed servers are going to admin state)

we try to tune the application with following-assuming for 150 concurrent users. for all 5 App modules.

AMPooling.png

Limited row fetch size:10000

adf-config.png

I am looking for recommendations to improve system stability and improve performance. we appreciate your great suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Shankar

Tagged:
Shankar

Answers

• Hammam Samir
    Hammam Samir Member Posts: 109 Blue Ribbon
    edited Mar 22, 2018 10:27PM

HI,

Generally Reducing the Traffic between the Client and the Database During Users requests and Commit Operations Is the Key Solution ,for the Application, For Example Any Computed Fields in the Database Can be Transferred as Transient Attribute in the EO and VO Models,

Reducing the Number of Fetched row per time is also recommended,

But for now , after you finished designing your application and also you have a shared resources ( Task flow Lib ) , then you should consider Clustering the application on the Server  and Manage the High availability is highly recommended, this will maintain the required number of concurrent users without fail-over

There are a lot of References on this topic,  I choose those 2 links, wish they are helpful for you,

High availability

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E14571_01/core.1111/e10106/aa.htm#ASHIA4081

configuring high availability

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E14571_01/core.1111/e10106/adf.htm#ASHIA1198

Regards

Hammam

Shankar
  • Shankar
    Shankar Member Posts: 380
    edited Mar 26, 2018 10:52PM

Thanks, Samir, for your suggestions.

we are trying to setup cluster and RAC DB.  after looking at pools do you see any changes required. Please let me know.

This discussion has been closed.