Forum Stats

• 3,855,332 Users
  • 2,264,499 Discussions
  • 7,905,971 Comments

Discussions

What AppModule Pooling configurations take in effect for my use case?

Prabas
Prabas Member Posts: 32
edited Mar 31, 2018 10:11AM in JDeveloper and ADF

Hi Experts,

I have 2 applications (App1 & App2), both refer to same Datasource.

App2 is deployed as an adfjar and is added to App1 as a dependent jar.

App2 taskflows are being used in App1 on a separate jspx pages..

App1 can have 200 concurrent users and App2 can have 70 concurrent users.

Here is my question:

Now while tuning the application module. Should I tune just App1 Appmodule to accommodate 270 users?

Thanks,

Prabas

Tagged:
Prabas

Best Answer

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,777 Red Diamond
    edited Mar 31, 2018 9:50AM Answer ✓

Yes, any way you should monitor the number of connections used in a load test to make sure you get it right.

Timo

PrabasPrabas

Answers

• SanjeevChauhan
    SanjeevChauhan Member Posts: 1,554 Gold Trophy
    edited Mar 30, 2018 12:20AM

I believe to access app2, you are going to use app1. app1 is used by 200 users. Same 200 users are going to see app2 also if they all decide to launch app2 page from app1.

Now how are you going to get additional 70 users.

I believe the better way to put it is

200 users can access app1 concurrently. Out of those 200, 70 might be accessing app2 from app1. At the end you only have 200 users for app1. So you should make app1 for 200 users only.

If you say initially app1 is for 200 users but because of app2 (inside app1), we are going to get new set of 70 users then yes, you need to configure it for 270.

Thanks

Sanjeev

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 38,777 Red Diamond
    edited Mar 30, 2018 7:00AM

Well, not quite true. The first problem is that we don't know the jdev version the OP uses.

@Prabas which jdev version do you use?

Next, we need to know if you use the application module from app2 as root application module within the pages or as dependant application module from app1. Then we need to know who you use the taskflows (isolated or existing and if they share the data control). These parameters have an influence on how many application modules are used and how many connections to the db are needed or used.

@Prabas you should read http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/adf/learnmore/adfloadstresstesting-354067.pdf  for some background info on stress testing and Andrejus Baranovskis Blog: Stress Testing Oracle ADF BC Applications - Passivation and Activation for some practical sample on how to test your app.

Timo

Prabas
  • Prabas
    Prabas Member Posts: 32
    edited Mar 31, 2018 7:23AM

Thanks for response @SanjeevChauhan@Timo Hahn

@Timo Hahn, we are using JDeveloper 12.1.3.

• we need to know if you use the application module from app2 as root application module within the pages or as dependant application module from app1 ---> Apps2 as root application module within the pages
    • Then we need to know who you use the taskflows (isolated or existing and if they share the data control)---> Shared data control

@Timo Hahn

In this case Should I tune App1 for 200 and App2 for 70 concurrent users?

(if we consider 200 & 70 users mutually exclusive)*

• Timo Hahn
    edited Mar 31, 2018 9:50AM Answer ✓

Yes, any way you should monitor the number of connections used in a load test to make sure you get it right.

Timo

PrabasPrabas
This discussion has been closed.