Distribution of Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.dll — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,715,654 Users
  • 2,242,821 Discussions
  • 7,845,480 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Distribution of Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.dll

854903 Member Posts: 2
edited April 2018 in ODP.NET

I got Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.dll using Visual Studio's Nuget.

I have developed an application.

I think that selling this application and dll as a set violates licenses.(I read "Oracle Technology Network License Agreement")

Is my opinion wrong?

To sell and set up software that communicates with oracle, the following procedure will be used.

1.install oracle client .

2.install my application.

Is there a way to complete it with a single installation?

Best Answer

• Alex Keh-Oracle
    Alex Keh-Oracle Posts: 2,751 Employee
    edited April 2018 Accepted Answer

You can sell and setup software with the NuGet managed ODP.NET (Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.dll) version if you want. You just have to license the software under a different legal agreement. You don't have to use the Oracle Client.

The OTN license has restrictions to resell. You can contact an Oracle reseller or sales person to acquire a license that will allow you to resell. With that license, you can use then redistribute your application with the managed ODP.NET software.

Answers

• Alex Keh-Oracle
    Alex Keh-Oracle Posts: 2,751 Employee
    edited April 2018 Accepted Answer

You can sell and setup software with the NuGet managed ODP.NET (Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.dll) version if you want. You just have to license the software under a different legal agreement. You don't have to use the Oracle Client.

The OTN license has restrictions to resell. You can contact an Oracle reseller or sales person to acquire a license that will allow you to resell. With that license, you can use then redistribute your application with the managed ODP.NET software.

854903 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2018

Thank you Alex.

I was not conscious of making another contract.

Your answer was very helpful.

I will contact the reseller immediately.

This discussion has been closed.