Forum Stats

• 3,734,237 Users
  • 2,246,918 Discussions
  • 7,857,196 Comments

Discussions

Java Puzzle Ball does not seem to have all different parts, e.g. just one wall is visible

Djangu
Djangu Member Posts: 2
edited May 7, 2018 9:18PM in Java Puzzle Ball

Hi All,

When I run the Java Puzzle Ball only one type of an addition is visible, see image below.

I've installed NetBeans bundled with JRE and made sure that I ran the game using java -jar command line.

Thanks,

PS: I'm not sure why my display name is scrambled - should be Djangu.

pastedImage_0.png

Djangu

Best Answer

• NickR2600-Oracle
    NickR2600-Oracle Member Posts: 530 Employee
    edited May 7, 2018 2:47PM Accepted Answer

Hey Djangu,

Earlier puzzles (especially the first four which are tutorials) limit the icons you can drag and drop.  More icons make their way into the game with each new puzzle.  Basic Puzzle 12 has all the icons, if you're looking just to play around with all the eventual options.  I felt I needed to have a limitation like this in earlier puzzles because testers were getting confused with all their options and all the things they had to learn, which potentially means more people would walk away from the game instead of enjoying it.

I think I've found a way to change the user name from gibberish.  Let me know if this helps:

• Click on your user name in the upper-right corner of the screen.  This will bring up a menu.
    • Select Edit Profile
    • Select the Your Profile tab
    • Choose to Edit your name and display name

Nick

Djangu

Answers

• NickR2600-Oracle
    NickR2600-Oracle Member Posts: 530 Employee
    edited May 7, 2018 2:47PM Accepted Answer

Hey Djangu,

Earlier puzzles (especially the first four which are tutorials) limit the icons you can drag and drop.  More icons make their way into the game with each new puzzle.  Basic Puzzle 12 has all the icons, if you're looking just to play around with all the eventual options.  I felt I needed to have a limitation like this in earlier puzzles because testers were getting confused with all their options and all the things they had to learn, which potentially means more people would walk away from the game instead of enjoying it.

I think I've found a way to change the user name from gibberish.  Let me know if this helps:

• Click on your user name in the upper-right corner of the screen.  This will bring up a menu.
    • Select Edit Profile
    • Select the Your Profile tab
    • Choose to Edit your name and display name

Nick

Djangu
  • Djangu
    Djangu Member Posts: 2
    edited May 7, 2018 9:17PM