Parameter discovery problem with .net 4.5&EL6&ODP.NET — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,715,652 Users
  • 2,242,819 Discussions
  • 7,845,478 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Parameter discovery problem with .net 4.5&EL6&ODP.NET

user13302347
user13302347 Member Posts: 2
edited June 2018 in ODP.NET

I get below problem after migration from Enterprise library 5 to 6 with ODP.NET

It throws me error as "Parameter discovery is not supported for connections using GenericDatabase. You must specify the parameters explicitly, or configure the connection to use a type deriving from Database that supports parameter discovery."

My code looks like below

using (DbCommand command = database.GetStoredProcCommand(query,paramArray))
            {
                isSuccessful = database.ExecuteNonQuery(command);

}

Could you help me with this?

Best Answer

• user13302347
    edited June 2018 Accepted Answer

Thank you all. we are able to resolve this issue with parameter discovery. Instead of ODP.net from Oracle, I needed to use odp.net from EntLibContrib from nuget. Hope it might help someone else who would like to pass array of parameters instead of binding each parameter separately which would be cumbersome if we need to call 100s of procedures.

Answers

• user13302347
    edited June 2018 Accepted Answer

Thank you all. we are able to resolve this issue with parameter discovery. Instead of ODP.net from Oracle, I needed to use odp.net from EntLibContrib from nuget. Hope it might help someone else who would like to pass array of parameters instead of binding each parameter separately which would be cumbersome if we need to call 100s of procedures.

This discussion has been closed.