Forum Stats

• 3,733,142 Users
  • 2,246,704 Discussions
  • 7,856,531 Comments

Discussions

Not able to record some windows in IE using Record and Play functionality in OpenScript

3293160 Member Posts: 2
edited August 2018 in QA/Testing

Hi I have been using the OpenScript tool for the past one year.

The tool is not able to detect some particular windows in IE. Due to this when I am using the Record and Play functionality using the OpenScript tool the window opens and closes in a fraction of a second. Due to this I am not able to record any activity on the particular window.

I suspect that OpenScript tool is not able to detect some element in the screen which is causing the window to close.

I have tried the Record and Play functionality with Openscript Versions 12.5 and 13.1 and IE version 11

Answers

• Thiruonnet-Oracle
    Thiruonnet-Oracle Member Posts: 44 Employee
    edited July 2018

Hi,

Are you doing functional or HTTP protocol recording? Is site available over the internet for checking?

Thanks,

Thiru

3293160 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2018

Hi Thiruonnet,

Thanks for the reply. I am doing functional recording.

The scenario is, I am entering some values in a particular form (HTML elements). After clicking on save for the particular form, I have a popup (modal window, to be precise) saying whether the data entered is correct or not. On validating all the values successfully. I get a popup saying that the form has been saved. But in cases where the validations have failed, I get a list of validations that have failed and the user has an option to accept or reject the form.

The problem is that the list of validations popup is not being detected by the OpenScript tool whereas the successfully saved popup is getting detected by the tool.

My hunch is that the list of validations screen has some particular element that is not being detected by the OpenScript too. I fear the site is not available over the internet.

Have you encountered this situation anytime previously where the window (modal window) just opens and closes within a fraction of a second?

Thanks again for the reply.

Regards,

Sai Manoj Kadiyala

• Thiruonnet-Oracle
    Thiruonnet-Oracle Member Posts: 44 Employee
    edited August 2018

Sorry Sai Manoj Kadiyala, for the delayed response. I have never done functional testing and I may not able to help.

-Thiru

This discussion has been closed.