• 3,852,749 Users
  • 2,264,134 Discussions
  • 7,905,131 Comments

Discussions

Custom Feedback Page

Alter Boy
Alter Boy Member Posts: 65
edited Jul 3, 2018 3:11PM in APEX Discussions

I wish to create my own custom feedback page (not through the wizard). I have feedback on my navigation bar and I'm sending &APP_PAGE_ID. through the request. I want one of my items on my feedback form to capture the Page ID of the page that I was on when I clicked 'Feedback', similar to how the wizard does it. But when I reference :APP_PAGE_ID in my item, it returns 104, which is the page of my feedback form. I want the Number of the page I was on and the name of that page in one item. Could someone help me out please?

Tagged:
Mahmoud_Rabie

Best Answer

• PMON
    PMON Member Posts: 1,260 Gold Trophy
    edited Jul 3, 2018 12:54PM Answer ✓

create an application level item to store the page number of the page you were on when you clicked the feedback link/button.  your application item can have a Session State Protection = Unrestricted.

in your link/button, set the value of your application item with :APP_PAGE_ID, then reference this value in your feed back page.

hope this helps

Mahmoud_Rabie

Answers

• PMON
    edited Jul 3, 2018 12:54PM Answer ✓

create an application level item to store the page number of the page you were on when you clicked the feedback link/button.  your application item can have a Session State Protection = Unrestricted.

in your link/button, set the value of your application item with :APP_PAGE_ID, then reference this value in your feed back page.

hope this helps

Mahmoud_Rabie
  • Alter Boy
    edited Jul 3, 2018 1:05PM

Thank you. I have the number of the page. How do I pull back the name of the page as well?

• PMON
    edited Jul 3, 2018 1:19PM

you could try using a on page load process that fetches it from apex_application_pages view and sets a page item value...

select page_title from apex_application_pages where page_id = 16 and application_id = 100

replace the page_id and application_id to your values

cheers

• Alter Boy
    edited Jul 3, 2018 3:11PM

So I finally got it...except

select

f.FEEDBACK_PK,

a.application_id||'. '||a.application_name as Application,

p.page_id||'. '||p.page_name as Page,

f.FEEDBACK,

ft.FEEDBACK_TYPE,

f.DATE_CREATED,

f.USERNAME

from

SIMS_FEEDBACK f, SIMS_FEEDBACK_TYPES ft, APEX_APPLICATIONS a, APEX_APPLICATION_PAGES p

where

f.FEEDBACK_TYPE_FK = ft.FEEDBACK_TYPE_PK and a.application_id = f.APPLICATION and p.page_id = f.PAGE;

When I use this code. I get duplicates from all the other same number pages in my workspace. So for example, page 19 from 3 other applications show up, even though I specify that the application has to equal 135 (which it does)

This discussion has been closed.