installation problems with .net server — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,715,830 Users
  • 2,242,890 Discussions
  • 7,845,632 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

installation problems with .net server

302267 Member Posts: 3
I tried to install odp.net driver on .NET server but ran into following problems during install and after install.

While installing odp .net driver, installation asks to shutdown all windows services before instaling. I tried to ignore it and continued install odp.net anyway. Installation says "unsuccessful" and also now I am not able to start my Oracle instance.

Another question?

Does odp.net will need java runtime environment? Do we need to disribute it (JRE) to our customers if we use odp.net.

Comments

3004 Member Posts: 204,171
    KulBhushan,

Please try re-installing ODP.NET after the Oracle services (database, listener, and other s if applicable) are stopped/shutdown. Doing so will allow the installation to copy all the necessary files appropriately.

ODP.NET does NOT use the java runtime environment. The JRE is installed for the Oracle Installer.

thanks,

nari.
    3004 Member Posts: 204,171
    It might be wise to choose another OS other than MS .NET server to use ODP.NET on. .NET server is not yet in production and is not on the list of supported OSes in the System Requirements section. As such, if you use a supported OS, you will likely encounter fewer issues with using ODP.NET.
    89742 Member Posts: 3
    I'm with .NET Server and haven't problems with ODP.NET.

Note: The client should be Oracle 9.2 and OleDb Oracle 9.2.1
    89742 Member Posts: 3
    I'm with .NET Server and haven't problems with ODP.NET.
    Note: The client should be Oracle 9.2 and OleDb Oracle 9.2.1
    Sorry, Oracle OleDb is 9.2.0
    182042 Member Posts: 563
    Just a friendly note that Oracle Provider for OLE DB and ODP.NET are two completely different products.
This discussion has been closed.