• 3,741,285 Users
  • 2,248,404 Discussions
  • 7,861,719 Comments

Discussions

New version 18.2, new format bugs :-(

User800507-Oracle
User800507-Oracle Member Posts: 23 Employee
edited Aug 13, 2018 2:18PM in SQLcl

I've uploaded the fresh new version of sqlcl 18.2 and tried to format very simple SQL that was formatted without problems in 18.1

I used a copy of rules file that I used for 18.1 (attached)

When I run the following script on the second format buffer  I got a sqlcl crash

spool bug18_2

SELECT ROWID AS RD FROM MIGR_BATCH_HISTORIES WHERE BATCH_BATCH_ID = :B1 AND START_DATE <= SYSDATE AND END_DATE >= SYSDATE;

format buffer

format rules format_rules_18_2_1.xml

format buffer

spool off

Exception in thread "main" Syntax Error at line 347, column 32
| [node) from_clause & [node^+8 < node^)
                                ^^^Expected: ')','^','-','+',
        at oracle.dbtools.parser.plsql.SyntaxError.checkSyntax(SyntaxError.java:164)
        at oracle.dbtools.parser.plsql.SyntaxError.checkSyntax(SyntaxError.java:101)
        at oracle.dbtools.parser.Parsed.getRoot(Parsed.java:111)
        at oracle.dbtools.parser.Parsed.getSyntaxError(Parsed.java:120)
        at oracle.dbtools.arbori.Program.compile(Program.java:254)
        at oracle.dbtools.arbori.SqlProgram.<init>(SqlProgram.java:26)
        at oracle.dbtools.app.Format$3.<init>(Format.java:258)
        at oracle.dbtools.app.Format.format(Format.java:258)
        at oracle.dbtools.raptor.newscriptrunner.commands.FormatSQLPlusCommand.handleEvent(FormatSQLPlusCommand.java:65)        at oracle.dbtools.raptor.newscriptrunner.CommandRegistry.fireListeners(CommandRegistry.java:427)
        at oracle.dbtools.raptor.newscriptrunner.ScriptRunner.run(ScriptRunner.java:224)
        at oracle.dbtools.raptor.newscriptrunner.ScriptExecutor.run(ScriptExecutor.java:341)
        at oracle.dbtools.raptor.newscriptrunner.ScriptExecutor.run(ScriptExecutor.java:224)
        at oracle.dbtools.raptor.scriptrunner.cmdline.SqlCli.runFile(SqlCli.java:786)
        at oracle.dbtools.raptor.scriptrunner.cmdline.SqlCli.handleAtFiles(SqlCli.java:764)
        at oracle.dbtools.raptor.scriptrunner.cmdline.SqlCli.main(SqlCli.java:486)

Have you any regression tests for formatting?

Answers

3761118 Member Posts: 2
    edited Aug 13, 2018 12:32PM

Hi,

I am also trying to get a format for a file using

>format file input_file output_file

SQLcl works for correct syntax of the input_file

for incorrect syntax of the input_file it just says "parser error" and outputs the usuage of the format command.

Is there a way to get the actual linenumber where the error was found,

Please let me know

Thanks

• Vadim Tropashko-Oracle
    Vadim Tropashko-Oracle Posts: 1,233 Employee
    edited Aug 13, 2018 2:18PM

The culprit is the folowing:

<formatProgramURL>/C:/Users/smosin/AppData/Roaming/SQL Developer/system17.4.0.355.2349/o.sqldeveloper/format.arbori</formatProgramURL>

Removing it should fix the error message (the default custom formatting program would be fetched, but the advanced format options would be taken from your modified xml file).