Using oracle wallet as connection for "OraclePersonalizationProvider" — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,715,648 Users
  • 2,242,819 Discussions
  • 7,845,478 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Using oracle wallet as connection for "OraclePersonalizationProvider"

8fa191a7-d256-4466-ae02-74c7ba80a693
edited August 2018 in ODP.NET

I am using the OraclePersonalizationProvider to store/get the personalization/session state related details of my web application with Oracle 11g. This worked flawless without any issue. We recently started using Oracle wallet with Oracle 12c. With this change, i am unable to connect to Oracle DB to fetch the Personalization/session data.  I get the below error:

Exception type: ConfigurationErrorsException

Exception message: Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=4.112.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) (D:\inetpub\test\PreferencesService\web.config line 78)

at System.Web.Configuration.ProvidersHelper.InstantiateProvider(ProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType)

at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.SecureInstantiateProvider(ProviderSettings settings)

at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.InitModuleFromConfig(HttpApplication app, SessionStateSection config)

at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.Init(HttpApplication app)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModulesCommon()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.InitInternal(HttpContext context, HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers)

at System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetNormalApplicationInstance(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr)

Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=4.112.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

at Oracle.Web.SessionState.OracleSessionStateStore.Initialize(String name, NameValueCollection config)

at System.Web.Configuration.ProvidersHelper.InstantiateProvider(ProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType)

This error is only for session state. Am i missing something here. Please advice.

Regards,

Vinod

Answers

This discussion has been closed.