ODP does not install and does not work — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,715,958 Users
  • 2,242,917 Discussions
  • 7,845,703 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ODP does not install and does not work

303460 Member Posts: 6
Hi,

I have a problem with ODP, it doesn't install correctly and I can't make it work in ASP.Net. I first of all installed the new client 9.2.0.1 and ODP on my client/development machine, which worked fine, and I am able to add and use references to ODP.Net in my Visual Studio.Net. But when I try to see my page after compilation, I get an error immediately at the declaration of any ODP related variable at runtime.

I guess ODP must be installed on the server too, but when I run the ODP installer on the server and I click "next" in the "Available Product Components" part (where you can choose to install MTS Services or not, so really at the beginning), I immediately get an error message "The specified key was not found while trying to GetValue". I can choose to continue, but then I anyway get another error at the end of the installation which doesn't make more sense to me, it just speaks about a "runtime error" with no more details.

I really don't understand what this error means ! I am running an Oracle 9.2.0.1 database (I just upgraded and migrated it) on a Windows 2000 server and the Web server is on the same machine (it is a test machine). The database itself works perfectly, I've never had any problem, so I really can't figure out what the installer means with "specified key not found", and I think I fullfilled all requirements.

Can anyone tell me why ODP gives an error at installation on the DB/Web server ? I would like to have a connection with Oracle established in my aspx page but it definitively refuses :(

Thanks in advance !
This discussion has been closed.