Forum Stats

• 3,770,044 Users
  • 2,253,052 Discussions
  • 7,875,280 Comments

Discussions

Select one choice loses its value inside of a table after partial refresh.

Pamela
Pamela Member Posts: 201 Blue Ribbon
edited Sep 13, 2018 4:11AM in JDeveloper and ADF

Hello,

Using JDeveloper :11.1.2.4

I have several tables in the application that are editable and have a selectOneChoice component in some of the columns. The selectOneChoices are created in the model and are dynamic.

Everything is working as expected for long time in production besides when sometimes the table is partially refreshed and for some or for all of the lines in the table the value of the selectOneChoice is lost:

<FacesCtrlListBinding> <getInputValue> ADFv: Could not find selected item matching value 102,558 of type: java.lang.Integer in the list-of-values.

The selectOneChoice has all the values inside its list but somehow still can't find the correct one.

Best Answer

• Pamela
    edited Sep 13, 2018 4:11AM Accepted Answer

I found how to reproduce the issue at least for one of the cases. The table has two partial triggers that are used to refresh the table after filtering it.

One of them is an free text inputText field that has autosubmit and the other is selectOneChoice that as well has autosubmit.

Filling the inputText then immediatelly, changing the value of the selectOneChoice makes the table to be refreshed twice in a row in the JSF, which with combination of the reexecuting the query makes the selectOneChoice components in the table to lose their value.

The way I fixed this is to put all the partial trigger code in a java bean instead in the JSF.   

Answers

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 37,669 Red Diamond
    edited Sep 12, 2018 6:22AM

This is just a guess: the value of the list is interpreted as a string and not as an integer because of the grouping ','.

Can you provide a reproducible test case for this, please?

Timo

• Pamela
    edited Sep 13, 2018 4:11AM Accepted Answer

I found how to reproduce the issue at least for one of the cases. The table has two partial triggers that are used to refresh the table after filtering it.

One of them is an free text inputText field that has autosubmit and the other is selectOneChoice that as well has autosubmit.

Filling the inputText then immediatelly, changing the value of the selectOneChoice makes the table to be refreshed twice in a row in the JSF, which with combination of the reexecuting the query makes the selectOneChoice components in the table to lose their value.

The way I fixed this is to put all the partial trigger code in a java bean instead in the JSF.   

This discussion has been closed.