• 7,900,500 Comments

Discussions

GRID Layout to place item next to each other 18.1

Sad21
Sad21 Member Posts: 52
edited Sep 18, 2018 1:54PM in APEX Discussions

Hi,

Oracle APEX 18.1

I notice that I can't control the form layout using grid layout option which was there in earlier version of Oracle APEX. I want to place Text item next to each other, but can't see any option. Its always going to new row.

in Oracle APEX 5 we had option to control new column and width etc while creating a multiple items in a form.

Also, I am trying to create a HTML region which will have logo and specific colors. I am writing HTML code in the source part of the region, but when I am creating text item. Its getting placed outside this HTML region.

Can you anyone please suggest me how to handle it in Oracle APEX 18.1?

I have created a sample in apex.oracle.com

Workspace: Demo32

User: Demo

Password: demo123

Application Id: 40272

Page ID : 1

Regards,

Sadia

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 21,101 Red Diamond
    edited Sep 18, 2018 10:59AM
    Sad21 wrote:Oracle APEX 18.1I notice that I can't control the form layout using grid layout option which was there in earlier version of Oracle APEX. I want to place Text item next to each other, but can't see any option. Its always going to new row.in Oracle APEX 5 we had option to control new column and width etc while creating a multiple items in a form.Can you anyone let me know how to do that in Oracle APEX 18.1 ?

The grid layout options have not changed significantly in 5.1 or 18.1. See for information on how to use these features.

• Sad21
    edited Sep 18, 2018 11:27AM

HI,

Thanks for your response.

I can't find layout option in Oracle APEX 18.1 , not sure If I need to enable anything. New Row, New column etc attributes are missing from layout.

Please find attached screenshot for the same.

Regards, Sadiascreen.png

• fac586
    edited Sep 18, 2018 11:37AM
    Sad21 wrote:I can't find layout option in Oracle APEX 18.1 , not sure If I need to enable anything. New Row, New column etc attributes are missing from layout.

The region template does not have grid layout support. You appear to be using a custom region template. Why is this necessary? How is it defined? (Post this information as text, not using inaccessible and non-reusable screenshots).

• Sad21
    edited Sep 18, 2018 12:07PM

Hi ,

I am using Standard default template. Its not a customized one. I want to place P1_REG and P1_POST next to each other. Hence looking for layout option.

Regards,

Sadia

• fac586
    edited Sep 18, 2018 12:42PM
    Sad21 wrote:I am using Standard default template. Its not a customized one. I want to place P1_REG and P1_POST next to each other. Hence looking for layout option.

The screenshot shows the region template to be Demo Temp, which presumably is the subject of your other thread. I made the assumption that this region template does not have grid layout support.

The region position is Breadcrumb Bar, which also does not have support for grid layouts. Why are you using this position?

Please provide a detailed description of the whole problem you are trying to solve in one of these threads, and close the other one by marking it as "Assumed Answered".

Sad21
  • Sad21
    edited Sep 18, 2018 12:54PM

Hi ,

Thanks a lot. Breadcrumb Bar region position was creating the issue. Changing that has resolved layout issue.

As suggested by you I have closed other thread and have updated this thread with pending issue of Item inside HTML region.

Regards,

Sadia

• Sad21
    edited Sep 18, 2018 1:53PM Answer ✓

I was able to resolve the issue by updating region template and putting HTML code inside t-Region-body of the template.

I updated

Regards,

Sadia

This discussion has been closed.