Forum Stats

• 3,732,979 Users
  • 2,246,665 Discussions
  • 7,856,453 Comments

Discussions

[INS-35179] Current available memory is less than the required available memory (1,597MB) for creati

mercejhanse
mercejhanse Member Posts: 5
edited October 2018 in Database Installation

I'm trying to install Oracle 18c in windows 7 environment. I have enough space in the path I provided (around 344 GB in E drive). Still I'm getting memory available is less error and asked if I want to continue. I'm getting this error while clicking Next button in the typical installation step.

Tagged:
mercejhanse

Best Answer

• Dude!
    Dude! Member Posts: 22,826 Blue Diamond
    edited October 2018 Accepted Answer

I can only respond to what you write. The installer automatically determines the size of SGA based on your installed RAM, but it does not take into consideration how much RAM you have currently available. You may have 3.9 GB usable in total, but that does not tell you how much of the RAM is contiguous and eligible for "shared" memory (SGA = System Global Area = Shared RAM).

If you restart the system and open nothing else than the Oracle Installer, it might work; however, you can also specify a lower amount of RAM for the Oracle database, unless you know your database requirements.

Is INS-35179 the correct error message ? It's unknown to me. Is it an error or warning? Where does it occur? Please be more specific.

Have you tried specifying a smaller SGA e.g., 1024 MB?

mercejhansemercejhanse

Answers