This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,889,967 Users
  • 2,269,775 Discussions
  • 7,916,823 Comments

Discussions

How to open page of application directly from external link

Soukaina IDRISSI
Soukaina IDRISSI Member Posts: 896 Bronze Badge
edited Apr 10, 2019 12:37PM in APEX Discussions

Hi everyone,

I have an application that allows to notify my users for the processing of the forlders, by receiving an email with a link that redirects to the specific folder to be processed.

My questions is:

1. First of all, to make it work, must the user be connected first to be redirected to the right folder to process? if yes, how can i get the current session_id of connected user (is it from &APP_SESSION.) ?
  2. If the user is not connected, when he clicks on the link found in the email received, he will be redirected to the authentication page, later how could I redirect him without going through the homepage, to go directly to the folder to be treated ?

NB: Version of apex production 5.1.0

Thank you in advance for help.

Tagged:

Answers

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect EdinburghMember Posts: 21,579 Red Diamond
    edited Oct 30, 2018 5:20AM
    Soukaina IDRISSI wrote:Hi everyone, I have an application that allows to notify my users for the processing of the forlders, by receiving an email with a link that redirects to the specific folder to be processed.My questions is:First of all, to make it work, must the user be connected first to be redirected to the right folder to process? if yes, how can i get the current session_id of connected user (is it from &APP_SESSION.) ?If the user is not connected, when he clicks on the link found in the email received, he will be redirected to the authentication page, later how could I redirect him without going through the homepage, to go directly to the folder to be treated ?

Ensure that the instance and application has support for deep linking and rejoining sessions configured:

Then just embed the link in the email (no additional parameters required), APEX will perform any authentication necessary, and then navigate to the specified folder page.

• Neil Clare
    Neil Clare Member Posts: 258 Silver Badge
    edited Oct 30, 2018 5:29AM

You can query APEX_WORKSPACE_SESSIONS to get a user's session id, but obviously that only works if they are logged on.

If the user doesn't have a session, you can't bypass the logon screen unless you make the page public.

You could use the rejoin session functionality to reduce the number of times a user has to logon, but the user will always have to logon at least once to create a session cookie.

• Soukaina IDRISSI
    edited Dec 11, 2018 11:44AM

Thank you for reply fac586.

So, to sum up, what are the changes that I must make to my project so that I can have access to a link (containing several parameters to the url) from my email.

Here is the configuration that I made in my project:

Security.PNG

but without getting a good result

• Soukaina IDRISSI
    edited Dec 14, 2018 9:19AM

Is there any news regarding this post please ?

• JPL_12
    JPL_12 Member Posts: 129 Blue Ribbon
    edited Feb 17, 2019 6:53AM

I have the same problem.

I have:

Rejoin Session: Enabled for All Sessions.

Deep Linking: Enabled

Session State Protection: Enabled

Session Sharing Type: Custom

Cookie Name: TG

The page item which is passed in the deeplink has Session State Protection: Checksum Required - Application level.

Result sofar: deep linking works, but every time I navigate to this link, I need to login, even if I'm already logged in.

If I would send an email containing 2 deep links, the received of that email would have to login every time he/she clicks another (or the same) link.

Any tips to get rejoin sessions based on the cookie working?

• Soukaina IDRISSI
    edited Apr 10, 2019 12:37PM

Is there any help ?