• 3,768,301 Users
  • 2,252,772 Discussions
  • 7,874,520 Comments

Discussions

MySQL 5.6 Lock Tables

Mubashar Iftikhar
Mubashar Iftikhar Member Posts: 49
edited May 17, 2019 9:23AM in MySQL Community Space

You want to lock the three tables a, b and c, and issue the following statements:

mysql> LOCK TABLES a READ;

mysql> LOCK TABLES b READ;

mysql> LOCK TABLES c READ;

Which tables are now locked?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Dave Stokes-MySQL Community Team-Oracle
    Dave Stokes-MySQL Community Team-Oracle MySQL Community Manager TexasMember Posts: 366 Employee
    edited Oct 31, 2018 8:42AM Accepted Answer

they are ALL locked until you either unlock or end the session.

Dave Stokes

MySQL Community Manager

• Mubashar Iftikhar
    edited Nov 4, 2018 8:59AM

Hi Dear
    I need some guidance.

Can you please share with me your email address ?

Dave Stokes-MySQL Community Team-Oracle MySQL Community Manager TexasMember Posts: 366 Employee
    edited Nov 4, 2018 10:14AM

it would probably be better to get help from https://forums.mysql.com as i am travelling so much this time of year.  Our MySQL Oracle Enginners monitor the forums and will be fast to answer then I

Dave Stokes

MySQL Community Manager

• Mubashar Iftikhar
    edited Nov 4, 2018 1:33PM

Actually i need guideline of MYSQL 5.6 Exam , and at forms i dont think i can get better information .

edited Nov 8, 2018 9:47AM

I am no longer involved with the MySQL certification exams but can tell you I took the beta of the 5.6 DBA exam and found it very hard.   Another member of the MySQL Community Team at the time of the beta took the DBA and Developer exams and concurred that they were very hard.  The best advise is to go through the list of items covered on the exam and study your rear end off.

Good luck.

Dave Stokes

MySQL Community Manager

• Mubashar Iftikhar
    edited Nov 8, 2018 11:55AM

Dear Sir

I know this exam is very hard because i have already attempted 2 times and not able to clear the exam. . & i have done my complete preparation from official documentation https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/preface.html plus 6 months practical work. Now i just trying to find out a way how to clear this exam because this task giving me a lot of headache.

• Mubashar Iftikhar
    edited Nov 19, 2018 2:21AM

Hi Dear

I am in search of open source data platform which can perform ETL over Big data (structured, semi-structured & un-structured) and analytical tools for data visualization to build analytical dashboards.

I will be grateful if you can share your choice of open source data platform and data visualization tools information & your use case high level information their key features and unique capabilities. Also relevant enablement resources/training options.

Looking forward for a healthy discussion over here.

Regards

Mubashar Iftikhar

• Mubashar Iftikhar
    edited May 17, 2019 3:17AM

Dear Dave Stokes,
    I need some help.

I have two MySQL Database Servers i.e. One is Active Server --> Master and second is Passive Server --> Slave.

And as we know we have 3-4 MySQL HR,DR Solutions / Clustering options.For example

01 : MySQL NDB Cluster

02 : MySQL InnoDB Cluster

03 : MySQL Cluster Carrier Grade

My First Question is i want to deploy One Active & One Passive MySQL Server so which Cluster Option / HA,DR Option will be fit for above mentioned scenario ?

My Second Question is suppose i have deploy One Active & One Passive MySQL Server in any above mentioned Cluster Option / HA,DR Option. So what about licensing ? I have to buy license of MySQL Servers/ Cluster ?

Regards,

Mubashar Iftikhar

edited May 17, 2019 9:23AM

Please see your other question asked today.

Dave Stokes

MySQL Community Manager