• 3,752,113 Users
  • 2,250,460 Discussions
  • 7,867,721 Comments

Discussions

MySQL 5.7 automatic failover steps with GTID=ON

3691094 Member Posts: 2
edited Feb 4, 2019 9:30AM in MySQL Community Space

Hello All,

I need help in setting up automatic failover for MySQL 5.7.

I know the steps for the manual failover.

But if i need to automate the failover process please let me know the steps and process.

I have 2 servers only. Master and Slave with GTID=ON.

Please let me know the details.

Best Answer

• Dave Stokes-MySQL Community Team-Oracle
    Dave Stokes-MySQL Community Team-Oracle MySQL Community Manager TexasMember Posts: 360 Employee
    edited Jan 23, 2019 12:25PM Accepted Answer

You should probably look at InnoDB Cluster but to get high availability you will need at least three servers.  You may be able to get by with two servers with something like ProxySQL and some intelligence built into your application that senses failure of the primary server.

Answers

• Dave Stokes-MySQL Community Team-Oracle
    Dave Stokes-MySQL Community Team-Oracle MySQL Community Manager TexasMember Posts: 360 Employee
    edited Jan 23, 2019 12:25PM Accepted Answer

You should probably look at InnoDB Cluster but to get high availability you will need at least three servers.  You may be able to get by with two servers with something like ProxySQL and some intelligence built into your application that senses failure of the primary server.

3691094 Member Posts: 2
    edited Feb 4, 2019 9:30AM

Thanks for the reply Dave. Not sure about what intelligence i can use that senses failure.

But if i opt for the innodb-cluster do you have any generic steps which i can follow and do it.