• 3,816,616 Users
  • 2,259,214 Discussions
  • 7,893,519 Comments

Discussions

Forms 12c an application is requesting permisstion to load resources

user511587
user511587 Member Posts: 3
edited Feb 27, 2019 12:27PM in Forms

I'm using iconic buttons in my forms application. I created a jar-file containing all icons (gif). I signed the file with trustet certificate. Changed all config files as I found in form.

The icons are displayed. But every time I start the application I have to confirm the question:

an application is requesting to permission to load resources from location below.

What should I do to, not to display this message

I'm using Forms 12 and jdk 1.8.72

Answers

• Matej D.
    Matej D. Member Posts: 1,032 Gold Trophy
    edited Feb 27, 2019 5:18AM

Can you share the java console log?

Which option do you use to start forms application (browser, webstart, fsal)?

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,136 Employee
    edited Feb 27, 2019 12:27PM

If you are getting the dialog that is asking for permission to access a resource, this often means that you are directly pointing to server-side content (e.g. images, media, etc).  So this raises the question, how are you referencing the images for your buttons?  The expectation is that the you would use a relative path to the image.  The result is that the applet will look locally (in the downloaded jars) first.  So as an example if you have a jar file that includes a path and filename within the jar like this; images/icons/open.gif the entry in the Form Builder would look like this below.  Notice that I do not include the ".gif" extension because .gif is assumed by default.  If your image is .jpg or something else then you would include the extension.

pastedImage_0.png

Notice that in my entry I do not directly refer to the JAR file nor do I include a URL. Also, notice that the path (if one exists in your file) should use forward slash ("/") as a directory separator regardless if your platform is Windows or not.

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM

• user9001405
    user9001405 Member Posts: 5 Blue Ribbon

i have the same issue but even if i removed the icons jar file from formsweb.cfg im still getting the same

an application is requesting to permission to load resources from location below

Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,136 Employee

When running with JWS, attempts to load a resource from a remote location for some objects will cause this to occur. For example, if you are storing images on the server file system (rather than in a JAR and delivering to the client), the requests to load these images will throw a warning. Similar would be true of loading audio files from a remote location relative to the user. Essentially, most (but not all) requests for resources that are derived from a URL (relative or fully qualified) would cause such a warning.

Michael Ferrante

Oracle

• user9001405

your reply is highly appriciated but is there any solution to hide the warning and not appearing everytime running the application

Thanks

Firas

Please share a screenshot of the warning to which you are referring. If you are referring to this dialog, the only way to avoid it is to use a Deployment Ruleset or move to using Forms Standalone Launcher

Michael Ferrante

Oracle

• user9001405

this is the screen shot of the warning

What and where (which trigger) is the call you are making that is causing this warning?

Michael Ferrante

Oracle

• user9001405

its coming direct when i run the system from browser if i dont close the prowser and run the system again warning will not appear

regards

Firas

It doesn't happen after the first when in the browser because the JVM continues to run while the browser remains open and therefore recalls you previously permitting it. With JWS, a new JVM is started each time an app is launched.

So, back to my question;

• What is the call you are making in the code that is resulting in this warning?
    • In which trigger is this code?

Michael Ferrante

Oracle