• 3,784,118 Users
  • 2,254,893 Discussions
  • 7,880,690 Comments

Discussions

How can i access Text, blob Datatype field from MySQL to Oracle

Bharath Ballipongala
Bharath Ballipongala Member Posts: 27 Red Ribbon
edited Feb 28, 2019 12:04PM in SQL & PL/SQL

We are currently working on 5.6 Version of MySQL.

pastedImage_0.png

I have a field which is a Text data type field in MySQL database.

pastedImage_1.png

We are using DBLINK to bring data across the wire.

We have a problem where we are not able to see the text field in the Oracle database.

pastedImage_2.png

Currently, we are using Oracle 11g version.

pastedImage_3.png

Can you please give us a suggestion about how can we get the text field from MySQL to Oracle, That will be more helpful.

Thank you in Advance.

Tagged:

Answers

• John Thorton
    John Thorton Member Posts: 14,493 Silver Crown
    edited Feb 27, 2019 11:18AM
  • Bharath Ballipongala
    edited Feb 27, 2019 11:52AM

Thank you, John, for a quick response.

I have been that route and I know how to do google also.

To make you happy please see the below error after implementing the same kind of suggestion.

Error report:

ORA-06550: line 7, column 42:

PL/SQL: ORA-00904: "p_meetinglocation": invalid identifier

Issue totally different in our case. We are not able to see the column through the gateway.

• John Thorton
    edited Feb 27, 2019 12:12PM
    Bharath Ballipongala wrote:Thank you, John, for a quick response.I have been that route and I know how to do google also.To make you happy please see the below error after implementing the same kind of suggestion.Error report:ORA-06550: line 7, column 42:PL/SQL: ORA-00904: "p_meetinglocation": invalid identifierIssue totally different in our case. We are not able to see the column through the gateway.

I am incapable to debug code I can not see, but I do know that Oracle is too dumb to lie.

Believe any Oracle error that you see.

• Bharath Ballipongala
    edited Feb 27, 2019 12:48PM

I would assume you read my bold text.

we are not able to see column through the ODBC gateway.

• John Thorton
    edited Feb 27, 2019 12:50PM
    Bharath Ballipongala wrote:I would assume you read my bold text.we are not able to see column through the gateway.

Yes, I can read what you posted.

Below is what I don't know.

When was last time code worked without error?

What changed since then?

How & why did code get released when it throws errors?

Why does code reference a non-existent column?

If column p_meetinglocation does not exist, then it is to be expected that you are not able to see the column through  the gateway.

The fact that you are not able to see the column through the gateway, provides ZERO actionable detail.

You have a mystery & provide us no clues.

• Bharath Ballipongala
    edited Feb 27, 2019 1:03PM

John you're back to square 1.

We are building a new process.

This was never released, this is still in Dev.

Column Exists in MySQL, But we are not able to see it in Oracle. Our DBA decided to get the data using ODBC gateway

• John Thorton
    edited Feb 27, 2019 1:17PM
    Bharath Ballipongala wrote:John you're back to square 1.We are building a new process.This was never released, this is still in Dev.Column Exists in MySQL, But we are not able to see it in Oracle. Our DBA decided to get the data using ODBC gateway

LMGTFY

• Saubhik
    Saubhik Member Posts: 5,803 Gold Crown
    edited Feb 27, 2019 1:28PM
    John Thorton wrote:Bharath Ballipongala wrote:John you're back to square 1.We are building a new process.This was never released, this is still in Dev.Column Exists in MySQL, But we are not able to see it in Oracle. Our DBA decided to get the data using ODBC gatewayLMGTFY 

I am tired of this LMGFY response in every thread,. I suggest  you try something else like DuckDuckGo ... Please ....

• Bharath Ballipongala
    edited Feb 27, 2019 2:47PM

I have already checked this one, my friend.

• Mustafa_KALAYCI
    Mustafa_KALAYCI Member Posts: 3,377 Bronze Crown
    edited Feb 28, 2019 12:10AM

Hi,

I am totally confused about your problem and I am not sure what it is! subject says, how to get blob data type but you didn't mention any blob field in your question. secondly, you are selecting a table (or view) over dblink from another database (mysql) but error message that you tell it about us in your second post, says "invalid identifier" so this is not related to data type. if you select ABC olumn from table T1 and T1 doesn't have this column then you can get this error. ABC is invalid identifier because this table has no column named ABC.

in your first post, you show us "select * from [email protected]" so you are querying this table with star * but you get invalid identifier? not much possible or there are more about this sql which you haven't shared with us yet. star will fetch all possible columns so it won't try to get a non existing column.  also in this screen shot there is no "p_meetinglocation".

so we want to help you but you didn't give any information to us. please share exact queries, what error did you get, what you have done. so we can make assumptions.