• 3,839,027 Users
  • 2,262,440 Discussions
  • 7,900,836 Comments

Discussions

Unable to open following configuration file

mamunxv
mamunxv Member Posts: 1
edited Feb 28, 2019 8:27AM in SQL Developer

Good day..i am facing a problem when i try to open Sqldeveloper. It show me "Unable to open following configuration file". How to solve this? I also try both with jre & not jre . Both show same error.

Please see the image below:

download.png

Thanks

Answers

• Gaz in Oz
    Gaz in Oz Member Posts: 3,785 Bronze Crown
    edited Feb 28, 2019 5:09AM

. Did you unzip the entire zip file to somewhere?

. How are you trying to start SQL Developer?

. Have you tried dribble-clicking on the sqldeveloperw.exe

. Did you check to see if that directoy\file actually exists?

The directory mentioned in the error alludes to the fact you unzipped the zip file to your "Desktop"?

Try unzipping it to somewhere other than your "Desktop" and you will definitely need the "with jdk"

version if you don't currently have java installed on your machine as SQL Developer depends on java

being present and accessible to successfully run.

• thatJeffSmith-Oracle
    thatJeffSmith-Oracle Distinguished Product Manager Posts: 8,700 Employee
    edited Feb 28, 2019 8:27AM

is the file there or not?

if you unzipped (installed) SQL Developer to a folder on your desktop, it needs to be able to read/write to those CONF files, or it won't work and you'll get errors like you're seeing

• User_TSD9G
    User_TSD9G Member Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

Hi,

I found that in bot packages for SQL Developer ( with JDK and without) somone at Oracle created extra directory in folder sqldeveloper. So sqldeveloper.exe is looking for config file with path ./sqldeveloper/bin/sqldeveloper.conf

And in downloaded package it looks like it is ./sqldeveloper/sqldeveloper/bin/sqldeveloper.conf

To solve these issue, cut bin and other folders and move it one folder higher in directory so it will look like ./sqldeveloper/bin/sqldeveloper.conf