Forum Stats

• 3,874,115 Users
  • 2,266,686 Discussions
  • 7,911,730 Comments

Discussions

Installation of Oracle XE failed

3906022 Member Posts: 9

Hi,

I need your assistance with the installation of the database oracle 11g express edition.After logging onto it,the oracle site directed me to

express XE18.

I downloaded it and while trying to install it on windows 10 and i keep getting this error message..

pastedImage_0.png

Please advise.

mark

NeticclcarterChoc Cac

Answers

• Netic
    Netic Member Posts: 8 Red Ribbon
    edited Mar 7, 2019 2:59AM

It looks like you didnt unzip the folder. Otherwise make sure there is a install~1-cab file and you have enough rights.

edited Mar 7, 2019 6:38AM

HI ,

Thanks for your reply. I extracted the downloaded folder Oracle XE184 but then it started installing and it jumped to the window below saying "interrupted before... " See below.. Can you please help me with that. Also i need to know how to configure the SQL developer editor window,

Cheers

mark

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.pngpastedImage_2.png

• Netic
    edited Mar 7, 2019 6:50AM

Try deinstalling it and remove all remainings of it like folders. I prefer using the tool "Revo Uninstaller" for a clean deinstallation but thats up to you.

For SQL Developer:

The default values are fine if your installation is complete. But i guess you want to connect as Sysdba so you have to change Connection Role to SYSDBA.

Also the username to sys and the password you have entered while installing XE.

clcarter
  • Christian.Shay -Oracle
    Christian.Shay -Oracle Posts: 2,241 Employee
    edited Mar 7, 2019 12:45PM

Make sure you are extracting to a local temporary directory (rather than any network shared drive). If you are using a portable hard drive, make sure the connection is good and it is not disconnecting.

clcarter
    edited Mar 7, 2019 10:19PM

Ok Thanks.

I found out what was causing the problem. I had XAMPP and Remote SQL server management studio still on this machine. So after un-installing these 2, i ended up getting oracle express to load fresh and was successful at the installation.

Anyway, thank you so much.

regards

mark

Neticclcarter
    edited May 22, 2019 8:12AM

Hi,

I need assistance to execute sql commands and found that i cant get in anymore. See the window below.

My Oracle connections were working fine and suddenly my password is no longer working.The username that i have used were "system" and my password used to be "lovens" but doesnt seems active anymore. how to reset it.

Its just last week i have installed microsoft visual studio on the same machine and i hope it didnt mess up with my oracle connections.

Please assist.thanks. mark.

pastedImage_0.png

clcarter
  • Choc Cac
    Choc Cac Member Posts: 29 Red Ribbon
    edited May 22, 2019 11:47AM

1) start  promt "Run SQL Command Line"

2) connect /as sysdba;

3) alter user system identified by "lovens";

pastedImage_0.png

Regards!

Choc

clcarter
    edited May 22, 2019 9:15PM

Hi Choc,

I tried it but now i have locked my account and not sure how to reset it.

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_1.png

regards

mark

clcarter
  • Netic
    edited May 23, 2019 3:39AM

Hi Mark,

you can always login as SYSDBA on your local database and change passwords.

sqlplus / as sysdba

and then

SQL> alter user sys identified by "Password";

if you get an TNS:protocol adapter error, try setting your Oracle_SID to XE in CMD.

set ORACLE_SID=XE

regards

Netic

clcarter
    edited May 23, 2019 7:42AM

Hi ,

I have tried all of the above but when i log back in SQLPLUS -CMD screen i get the same message that my account is locked.

Even if i go into my windows database and plug in the new password, i keep getting the error message that my account is locked.

I am not sure what i am doing wrong here but the commands are not working.

My username is system and my password used to be "lovens" but now im not sure whats wrong.

Is there a way for you to login to the machine and check what is happening. Why is the password not resetting.

regards

mark

clcarter