Entity Framework - Calling Procedure that Returns a refCursor - Not Able to Create Function Import — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,716,003 Users
  • 2,242,928 Discussions
  • 7,845,734 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entity Framework - Calling Procedure that Returns a refCursor - Not Able to Create Function Import

8635ad02-338e-4d33-8fe9-025033b242e9
edited April 2019 in ODP.NET

I am using Visual Studio 2017 with Entity Framework 6.2 - Database First.  I am also using Oracle.ManagedDataAccess v18.3.0 and Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.EntityFrameork v18.3.0.

Through EF, I am trying to map to a procedure that returns a ref cursor.  I have been successful with the following:

• I have been able to bring the procedure into EF
  • I have been able to add the <implicitRefCursor> to my app.config file

ora.png

But this is where I begin to run into a problem:

• Through the Model Browser, I right clicked on the procedure and opened up the "Add Function Import" window.
  • I selected "Complex" in "Returns a Collection Of" and clicked "Get Column Information", but I received the following error:
    • An exception of type "System.NotSupportedException" occurred while attempting to get columns information.  The exception message is:  The specified type is not supported by this selector."

I should be able to do this correct?  How does the implicitRefCursor play a role in the EF set up of the stored procedure I want to be able to use?

What am I doing wrong?

Answers