UpdateBatchSize 2 throws NullReferenceException if OracleDataAdapter updating 1 row — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,715,999 Users
  • 2,242,927 Discussions
  • 7,845,731 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UpdateBatchSize 2 throws NullReferenceException if OracleDataAdapter updating 1 row

Yannik_
Yannik_ Member Posts: 5
edited May 2019 in ODP.NET

Hello,

OracleDataAdapter.OnRowUpdated throws NullReferenceExecption if updating 1 row with OracleDataAdapter, with UpdateBatchSize set to 2 (anything above 1). (Btw. the DB row is updated).

See attached example c# project. Create Table DDL is included in textfile Oracle SQL create table TESTODP.sql ++++ run insert into testodp values(1,0)

https://www.file-upload.net/download-13560890/TestODP.zip.html

NameValueType
StackTrace" bei Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.Client.OracleDataAdapter.OnRowUpdated(RowUpdatedEventArgs value) bei System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Update(DataRow[] dataRows, DataTableMapping tableMapping) bei Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.Client.OracleDataAdapter.Update(DataRow[] dataRows, DataTableMapping tableMapping) bei System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.UpdateFromDataTable(DataTable dataTable, DataTableMapping tableMapping) bei System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Update(DataTable dataTable) bei TestODP.Program.Main(String[] args) in \\XXX\\TestODP\\TestODP\\Program.cs:Zeile 33."string

Greetz

Yannik

Tagged:

Comments

• Alex Keh-Oracle
    Alex Keh-Oracle Posts: 2,753 Employee
    edited April 2019

Yannik,

This looks like bug 11906764. What version of managed ODP.NET are you currently using?

• Yannik_
    edited April 2019

Hey Alex,

im using the latest nuget package, version 18.6.0

I cant view your bug-link without support account..

• Alex Keh-Oracle
    edited April 2019

Yannik,

I filed a new bug 29630212 for managed ODP.NET for this issue. The previous bug, 11906764, was reported for unmanaged ODP.NET only and was fixed there.

• Yannik_
    edited April 2019

Thank you Alex. Might i ask you to post here a short notice if its fixed?

Edit: Just found out our company got support access! Will see to get into it..

• Yannik_
    edited April 2019

Hey Alex,

i can't see into your bug-ticket 29630212. Is it non-public or smth?

Requested Bug could not be displayed. Possible reasons are:

• The bug id was entered incorrectly. Please check and try again.
    • The bug id does not exist (was referenced incorrectly).
    • The bug is not classified as publicly accessible ("non-public").
    • The content is being updated and it is temporarily unavailable but will be made available again soon.

Greetz

Yannik

• Alex Keh-Oracle
    edited April 2019

Yes, it's non-public. I filed the bug, but I do not have permission to make bugs public. You can request Oracle Support to make the bug public.

By default, all bugs are non-public and have to be explicitly granted public viewable rights by someone with the permission to.

• Yannik_
    edited May 2019

ook. Thank your for the informations!