Beta3 Creat Models From Existed Oracle Database — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,716,123 Users
  • 2,242,960 Discussions
  • 7,845,833 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta3 Creat Models From Existed Oracle Database

3984318 Member Posts: 2
edited April 2019 in ODP.NET

when i use  command

Scaffold-DbContext "Database=***;User ID=***;Password=***" Oracle.EntityFrameworkCore

creat models from existed database(oracle 11g),i got the following error:

程序集“Oracle.EntityFrameworkCore, Version=2.0.18.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null”中的类型“Oracle.EntityFrameworkCore.Scaffolding.Internal.OracleDatabaseModelFactory”的方法“Create”没有实现。

(The method "Create" of the type "Oracle.EntityFrameworkCore.Scaffolding.Internal.OracleDatabaseModelFactory" in the assembly "Oracle.EntityFrameworkCore, Version=2.0.18.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" is not implemented.)

angone got the same question?thanks

Answers

• Alex Keh-Oracle
    Alex Keh-Oracle Posts: 2,753 Employee
    edited April 2019

I assume your error translates into English into something like the following:

Method 'Create' in type 'Oracle.EntityFrameworkCore.Scaffolding.Internal.OracleDatabaseModelFactory' from assembly 'Oracle.EntityFrameworkCore, Version=2.0.18.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.

If so, the most likely problem is that you are using EF Core 3.0 instead of EF Core 2.x. EF Core 3.0 is not currently supported by the current Oracle EF Core beta. You can downgrade your version back to the .NET Core 2.x assemblies.

3984318 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2019

Thans for your help,I've tried 2.x,But still failed。The Error Message :ORA-12514。But i can access database via pl/sql or cmd。

• Alex Keh-Oracle
    Alex Keh-Oracle Posts: 2,753 Employee
    edited April 2019

An ORA-12514 is usually something along the lines of: TNS listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor.

If you use SQL*Plus or a standard Oracle Client, the connect descriptor is usually defined in a tnsnames.ora file in the ORACLE_HOME network folder. ODP.NET Core is a "homeless" install. It can't rely on the network folder being available as it is not always installed with an Oracle Home. As such, you have to define your connect descriptor either in your app itself or place your tnsnames.ora (that has the connect descriptor) in one of the following directories:

1. Directory set in OracleConfiguration.TnsAdmin property
    2. Directory of the running ODP.NET Core assembly
    3. Current working directory