Forum Stats

  • 3,854,188 Users
  • 2,264,339 Discussions
  • 7,905,594 Comments

Discussions

oracle bpm components multi-languages [worklist taskflow region issue]

Ahmed-Mamdouh
Ahmed-Mamdouh Member Posts: 22
edited May 26, 2019 1:59PM in JDeveloper and ADF

Hi all,

In brief I have a login page with language switcher which set locale through overriding ViewHandlerWrapper class in faces-config.xml, everything works fine regarding localization in my application (direction and translations), However taskListtaskflowdefinition region doesn't fully translated unless change browser setting and set Arabic as a first language.

Also requirement is that the user have to select his/her language before login just once over the system.

version is 12.2.1.3.0.

Any solution.

pastedImage_0.png

Tagged:

Answers

  • dvohra21
    dvohra21 Member Posts: 14,672 Gold Crown
    edited May 25, 2019 4:42PM

    Which browser? Browser settings do need to be set.

    In IE set language in

    Tools->General->Language

    When your application will be viewed by users in more than one country, you can configure your JSF page or application to use different locales so that it displays the correct language for the language setting of a user's browser. For example, if you know your page will be viewed in Italy, you can localize your page so that when a user's browser is set to use the Italian language, text strings in the browser page appear in Italian.

    Support for multiple languages may be added and preference does need to be set. As an example, in Chrome refer https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/1059490?hl=en

  • Ahmed-Mamdouh
    Ahmed-Mamdouh Member Posts: 22
    edited May 25, 2019 5:40PM

    Hi dvohra21,

    Let me explain the situation here, the current system can deal with multi language already. Because it has many other items related to business (pages, toolbars, menus ... etc) So there is no issue regarding direction and translation over the system against all browsers. The issue in this region only. Although direction in above attached snapshot changed correctly base on current chosen local (rtl).

    translation works only If I do reordering in case of google chrome.

    pastedImage_0.png

    Also I tried many things to figure our what is matter with this region:

    1- I fixed local as 'ar' in the container jspx page and it doesn't work.

    2- I registered worklist resource bundle in faces-config oracle.bpel.worklistapp.resource.WorklistResourceBundle with var name wlist_msg and it doesn't work.

    Finally let me mention again the language switcher in our login page is a business requirement and cannot force the user to set his/her language through browser.

  • dvohra21
    dvohra21 Member Posts: 14,672 Gold Crown
    edited May 25, 2019 8:31PM

    translation works only If I do reordering in case of google chrome

    As mentioned before the reordering does need to be made. Set the language to use at the top.

  • Ahmed-Mamdouh
    Ahmed-Mamdouh Member Posts: 22
    edited May 26, 2019 1:59PM

    No matter in trims, Reordering equivalent to set the language at the top of list.

    the business requirement is to let the user chose the language without needing to change browser configuration.