• 7,869,917 Comments

Discussions

Oracle Jet Gantt combine Hierarchical Tasks & Multiple Tasks Per row

User_ELI3X
User_ELI3X Member Posts: 4 Green Ribbon
edited Oct 1, 2019 2:56AM in Oracle JET

Hi,

I am using oracle jet 7 and found the following two examples in the cookbook

Hierarchical Tasks https://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/jet/jetCookbook.html?component=gantt&demo=hierarchicalTasks

Multiple Tasks Per row https://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/jet/jetCookbook.html?component=gantt&demo=multipleTasks

Is it possible to combine these two. I want to have several lines collasible with the Hierarchical Tasks and then the lowest tree element to have multiple tasks per row. Is this possible till now i have not found a solution.

One is based on a ArrayDataProvider and the other on ArrayTreeDataProvider. Is this a problem?

Answers

• John 'JB' Brock-Oracle
    John 'JB' Brock-Oracle Posts: 2,658 Employee
    edited Jun 13, 2019 9:43AM

To use the Hierarchical data, you will need to use the TreeDataProvider.  Beyond that, yes, you should be able to have multiple tasks per row inside of that TreeData structure as well.

• User_SF7H7
    User_SF7H7 Member Posts: 4 Employee
    edited Oct 1, 2019 2:56AM

Any tips on how to set it up? I'm also trying to do the same use case, using an ArrayTreeDataProvider. However, any task that I intend to be placed on the same row as the others always end up on a separate row.

• SLopes
    SLopes Member Posts: 6 Red Ribbon

Hi,

Have you managed to combine both hierarchical and multiple tasks per row in the same gantt?

So far, whenever I provide an ArrayTreeDataProvider I get tasks with sub-tasks, and if I create a simple ArrayDataProvider I can put multiple tasks in the same row (row-id works as described). But I can't find a way to mix both.

I'm using the OJET 11, and looking into a way to display a parent task that groups multiple sub-tasks in the same row.

• Wilson Louie-Oracle
    Wilson Louie-Oracle Member Posts: 33 Employee
    edited Sep 20, 2021 10:35PM

Hi, hierarchical multiple tasks per row is not supported today (only hierarchical single tasks per row or flat multiple tasks per row), but it's on the roadmap.

If you really must right now, you may be able to achieve a version of it by combining the Table + RowExpander with the Gantt (similar to https://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/jet/jetCookbook.html?component=dataCollections&demo=hierGanttwithTable), but it's a non-trivial amount of work. Here's a general setup in case you're curious:

SLopes
  • SLopes
    SLopes Member Posts: 6 Red Ribbon

Hi, thank you for the reply; yeah I already looked into the Table+Gantt option but it will take a lot of time considering the amount of work and that I'd need some time to prototype; that is why I was looking into using only the API provided by the Gantt component.

Guess I'll fallback to providing two screens/gantts and adjust UI and features, at least until either the use case becomes possible or I get the time to implement the Table/Gantt option.

Wilson Louie-Oracle