Method 'PopulateDebugInfo' does not have an implementation — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,715,997 Users
  • 2,242,925 Discussions
  • 7,845,725 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Method 'PopulateDebugInfo' does not have an implementation

4030867 Member Posts: 2
edited June 2019 in ODP.NET

I am getting the following error when trying to connect to Oracle with .NET Core using Entity Framework Core

Method 'PopulateDebugInfo' in type 'Oracle.EntityFrameworkCore.Infrastructure.Internal.OracleOptionsExtension' from assembly 'Oracle.EntityFrameworkCore, Version=2.0.19.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.

Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore v 2.2.4

Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Tools v 2.2.4

Microsoft.NETCore.App v 2.2.0

Oracle.EntityFrameworkCore v.2.19.0-beta4

Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.Core v.2.19.3

Error occurs when executing UseOracle as below:

protected override void OnConfiguring(DbContextOptionsBuilder optionsBuilder)

{

if (!optionsBuilder.IsConfigured)

{

var connectionString = "(description = (address = (protocol = tcp)(host = {host name})(port = {port number))(connect_data =                     (service_name = {name})))";

optionsBuilder.UseOracle(connectionString);

}

}

Best Answer

• Alex Keh-Oracle
    Alex Keh-Oracle Posts: 2,753 Employee
    edited June 2019 Accepted Answer

I tried a simple console app using only the assemblies and the versions you have listed. I was able to successfully the app without error.

Can you check whether your project has a .NET Core 3 assembly among its other dependencies? Typically, I've seen this error occur when a .NET Core 3 library sneaks in.

Answers

• Alex Keh-Oracle
    Alex Keh-Oracle Posts: 2,753 Employee
    edited June 2019 Accepted Answer

I tried a simple console app using only the assemblies and the versions you have listed. I was able to successfully the app without error.

Can you check whether your project has a .NET Core 3 assembly among its other dependencies? Typically, I've seen this error occur when a .NET Core 3 library sneaks in.

4030867 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2019

Thank you, I built a new project and was able to connect successfully.  There must have been a lingering reference to .NET Core 3 beta.