This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,889,961 Users
  • 2,269,775 Discussions
  • 7,916,823 Comments

Discussions

Upload files listed in a table on page load

cwell
cwell Member Posts: 13
edited Jul 25, 2019 5:35PM in APEX Discussions

I have a table with a list of file paths and file names. When the page loads I would like to upload all the listed files to the table APEX_APPLICATION_TEMP_FILES, is there a way to do this automatically?

Tagged:

Answers

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect EdinburghMember Posts: 21,579 Red Diamond
    edited Jul 25, 2019 5:35PM
    4030433 wrote:I have a table with a list of file paths and file names. When the page loads I would like to upload all the listed files to the table APEX_APPLICATION_TEMP_FILES...

You and every hacker on the planet...

is there a way to do this automatically?

Thankfully no. Basic browser security requires that users must manually select files for submission.

That is of course assuming that these files exist on the device that is opening the page. Things might be different if you are referring to files located on a file system that is mounted on the database server. Where does this list come from, and where are the listed files located?

• cwell
    cwell Member Posts: 13
    edited Jul 10, 2019 11:54AM

Thank you for your response. I'll have to look at another way of getting the files where I need them.