• 2,253,130 Discussions
  • 7,875,493 Comments

Discussions

New 3rd party extension: Hexadecimal Editor

HajdaM
HajdaM Member Posts: 4 Red Ribbon
edited Aug 15, 2019 3:45AM in JDeveloper and ADF

Hi,

I created some extension for JDeveloper which allows to edit files in hexadecimal editor.

https://github.com/exbin/bined-jdeveloper-extension

Original plan was to support also editing of BLOB/CLOB columns in database for SQL Developer, but I was not able to figure that out yet. Maybe in some future release.

Even thou it's very basic/limited, It would be great if it could be added to page with 3rd party extensions: https://www.oracle.com/ocom/groups/public/@otn/documents/webcontent/130355.xml

Comments

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 37,675 Red Diamond
    edited Aug 13, 2019 5:34PM

Nice, but for which exact jdev version you developed this extension?

Timo

• dvohra21
    dvohra21 Member Posts: 14,258 Gold Crown
    edited Aug 13, 2019 6:49PM

Is the extension developed with extension development kit for JDeveloper? If so, "Please post a new thread on the discussion forum if you'd like to upload your extension to this page." , which would be this thread if extension is accepted.

• HajdaM
    edited Aug 14, 2019 6:32AM

I used 12.2.1.3.0, but it might work in older 12g releases as well - would have to check that. I assumed that as 12.2 is older than two years, it is not necessary to support older versions.

Extension seems to be working to some degree in SQL Developer 19.2, but it's not very useful there.

I installed JDeveloper 11g and extension doesn't work there, as extension is compiled for Java 8, but I'll try to compile version for it.

I'm not enough familiar with JDeveloper to know which versions are in wider use, so let me know if I should focus on particular releases.

• Timo Hahn
    Timo Hahn Senior Principal Technical Consultant - Oracle ACE Director Member, Moderator Posts: 37,675 Red Diamond
    edited Aug 14, 2019 7:04AM

11g uses a different extension model. Not sure if just recompiling will do.

12c has some differences between versions. That s the reason I asked for the exact version number. I'm not sure if you can add an extension built with 12.2.1.3 into 12.2.1.1.

Timo

• HajdaM
    edited Aug 15, 2019 3:45AM

I released new version (0.2.0.1) with two variants:

12c (12.2.1 or greater, but requires Java 8)

11g (11.1.2/11gR2 or greater)

Tested it with few versions and it should more/less work.