Forum Stats

• 3,702,034 Users
  • 2,239,551 Discussions
  • 7,835,724 Comments

Discussions

Do Java updates incorporate patches of third party DLLs

36374433637443 Posts: 2
edited September 2019 in Java User Group Resources

Specifically - will a Java 7 JRE update have incorporated a Microsoft Patch for Visual Studio 2010 DLLs?
Need to determine if I need to patch the DLL directly (MS KB2565063) or has Oracle updated a version of the Java 7 JRE installer already (if yes, what version).

Answers

• edited September 2019

I doubt Java update would have a Security update for  Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1.

• Alexis Brown-OracleAlexis Brown-Oracle Posts: 29 Employee
    edited September 2019

Hi @3637443,

You have posted your question in the Using My Oracle Support (MOSC), which is not a subspace that provides support for Java related inquiries. Therefore, I encourage you to visit the following related forums in the community:

Please move this post to one of the above listed subspace. You may do this by clicking the Move button, located on the right side of this post, under the Actions box.

move button.PNG

Alternatively, you may open a Service Request in the My Oracle Support portal, or visit our extensive knowledge base.

Our support team will be happy to better assist you in any of the above listed options.

Thank you,

Alexis

My Oracle Support Community Administrator

• 36374433637443 Posts: 2
    edited September 2019

Hello -

I don’t have access to the Oracle Groundbreakers space -

Happy to move the question if I am granted access.

Thank you.

Mike Welter

• Alexis Brown-OracleAlexis Brown-Oracle Posts: 29 Employee
    edited September 2019

Hi @3637443,

It looks like this thread was successfully moved to the Resources subspace within the Java community. Thank you for moving this! You should have access to Groundbreakers, as it is an open community .

Thank you for your contributions!

Alexis

My Oracle Support Community Administrator