Forum Stats

• 3,837,260 Users
  • 2,262,244 Discussions
  • 7,900,240 Comments

Discussions

FRM-93242: serverURL applet pmeter refers to an HTTP session that no longer exists.

Anantha Amirtharaj
Anantha Amirtharaj Member Posts: 108 Red Ribbon
edited Oct 10, 2019 4:22PM in Forms

Hi,

Hi,

My environment detail.

FMW, Oracle Forms and report Product Version : 12.2.1.3.0

Operating System : Linux x86-64

OS Version Oracle : Linux 7

When we are accessing my application from MAC computer we are getting following issue. we are using my application URL like https://abcdef.ghijklmnopqrstuv.com:7001/forms/frmservlet?config=prom

Issue-FRM93242.png

Please help me to get resolve.

Thanks,

Ananth

Answers

• Johnson F
    Johnson F Member Posts: 182 Bronze Badge
    edited Oct 9, 2019 7:08AM

Are you using or configured traffic director or related to OCI?

• Anantha Amirtharaj
    edited Oct 9, 2019 8:27AM

Hi,

We are using Load Balancer and L5 setup to point nodes based on the load.

Thanks,

Ananth

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,294 Employee
    edited Oct 9, 2019 9:25AM

If you are using a load balancer or any proxy server, you  must have session binding properly enabled.  Because Forms is stateful, all session traffic MUST be routed back to the server where it was started.  I suspect that if you remove the load balancer (bypass it) for testing you likely would see that you don't have this problem.  That would prove the problem to be related to load balancer configuration.

Michael Ferrante

Senior Principal Product Manager

Oracle

Twitter: @OracleFormsPM

• Anantha Amirtharaj
    edited Oct 9, 2019 2:05PM

Hi Michael,

We have four nodes for production server to maintain the load and we are using load balancer to balance the load equally to all nodes.

E.x

server 1 : prod1

server 2 : prod2

server 3 : prod3

server4 : prod4

my load balancer is 'prod'  and URL like https://prod.test.com:7777/forms/frmservlet?config=myapp.

One of my client try to access this from MAC system and he got mentioned issue.

His system setup is

Safari 13.0.01

Java Version 8 Update 221 (build 1.8.0_221-b11)

MAC O.S. 10.13.6 High Sierra

Could you please suggest, how to call this application from MAC machine.

can we use IE to call application.

Thanks,

Ananth

Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 7,294 Employee
    edited Oct 9, 2019 2:26PM

The issue is unlikely related to the use of a Mac, but rather an incorrect load balancer configuration. 

Michael Ferrante

Oracle

• Anantha Amirtharaj
    edited Oct 10, 2019 1:04AM

MIchael,

Please let me know, how to access the form12c application from MAC system. As I understand, MAC not support IE. in that case, what we can do?

Thanks,

Ananth

• Johnson F
    edited Oct 10, 2019 1:54AM

Hello Anantha,

Its nothing to do with MAC as mentioned by Mr. Michael, its purely related to load balancer config - specially SESSION's config.

Also I believe this error is expected in Oracle Forms and report Product Version : 12.2.1.3.0, this is resolved in Oracle Forms and report Product Version : 12.2.1.4.0 in which there is enhancement to support session cookies in the Forms.

Kindly upgrade to latest Oracle Forms and report Product Version : 12.2.1.4.0 and config.

Thank you...

• Anantha Amirtharaj
    edited Oct 10, 2019 3:10AM

Hi Robert,

We are not in a position to upgrade my application to 12.2.1.4.0  since number of user accessing the application is 312. Is there any config, i can set to resolve this issue.

One more quest, can we access this forms12c application from MAC, safari browser? , please clarify.

Thanks,

Ananth

• Johnson F
    edited Oct 10, 2019 4:14AM

There is no config, this issue was addressed in 12.2.1.4.0, well since you are not in position to upgrade - for MAC - Safari yes - using JRE 8 Update 171 and configuring JWS - you can open Forms12c.

edited Oct 10, 2019 8:46AM

To add some clarity:

1.  Load balancers MUST be configured to use session binding. If you are using 12.2.1.3, sessions must be URL based and not cookie based.

2.  You can use a MAC.  To run your form you can use with Java Web Start or Forms Standalone Launcher.  If you are not familiar with either of these, please refer to the documentation.  Scroll down on the following page and click on "Forms 12c Supplemental Content".  There you will find two helpful documents:  "Using Forms Standalone Launcher (FSAL)" and "New Features".  Both include information about JWS and FSAL.  Note however that all the docs have been updated for the 12.2.1.4 release so some comments in these docs may not apply to .3

https://www.oracle.com/database/technologies/developer-tools/forms.html

3.  I don't see how the number of users you have relates to why you can or cannot upgrade.  What would you do if you had 10000 users?  By updating your software (any) you ensure that you have the latest features, bug fixes, and more importantly the latest security fixes and enhancements.  Having a plan to regularly update and/or upgrade is a crucial part of software maintenance.

Michael Ferrante

Oracle