Forum Stats

• 3,839,819 Users
  • 2,262,538 Discussions
  • 7,901,063 Comments

Discussions

Oracle Apex Hierarchical Data View

4164142 Member Posts: 1
edited Jan 6, 2020 10:30AM in APEX Discussions

I am creating a pretty basic CRUD application with Oracle Apex. I simply want to create a hierarchy based on some logic that spans 4 tables all on one page. In our current application which we are trying to convert to Oracle Apex we have a list of nodes that when we click on them we can display their children tables in the main view.

Lets say we have 4 tables, each with Primary Keys that relate to one another. How do I display certain values from these tables on the page all at the same time? I have tried some of the wizards that Apex provides but with no success. I think it will have to be custom PL/SQL logic. The data has to be in a certain order as well.

How can I create a view similar to this?

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_3.png

Tagged:

Answers

• fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 21,102 Red Diamond
    edited Jan 6, 2020 10:30AM
    1349b942-de7d-45f2-9543-7f91df6618e4 wrote:

Please update your forum profile with a recognisable username instead of "1349b942-de7d-45f2-9543-7f91df6618e".

Always include the information described in these guidelines when posting a question: how to get answers from forum

I am creating a pretty basic CRUD application with Oracle Apex. I simply want to create a hierarchy based on some logic that spans 4 tables all on one page. In our current application which we are trying to convert to Oracle Apex we have a list of nodes that when we click on them we can display their children tables in the main view. Lets say we have 4 tables, each with Primary Keys that relate to one another. How do I display certain values from these tables on the page all at the same time? I have tried some of the wizards that Apex provides but with no success. I think it will have to be custom PL/SQL logic. The data has to be in a certain order as well. 1234How can I create a view similar to this? 
    pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_3.png

It's probably possible using a tree region and a classic report with a custom template. It depends on the data model and the structure of the HTML output (the semantics of which look questionable from what we can see so far). This cannot be determined from context-free screenshots.

Post the following information:

• Provide some background context, identifying the business/problem domain and the nature of the application.
    • DDL for the tables involved, indicating the relationships between them if foreign keys are not defined.
    • The HTML structures used for each component of the "main view".

Better still, create some sample data on apex.oracle.com and share guest developer credentials for the workspace here.