Forum Stats

• 3,767,817 Users
  • 2,252,720 Discussions
  • 7,874,336 Comments

Discussions

Unable to pull from container-registry using Docker Desktop on macOS

4180123 Member Posts: 4
edited Feb 3, 2020 3:25PM in Containers

I am trying to perform `docker pull container-registry.oracle.com/middleware/fmw-infrastructure:12.2.1.3` on a mac running Docker Desktop on Mojave.  I was finally able to login successfully after fiddling with my Docker config.json, but I am not able to pull any images from the Oracle Container Registry, as it appears that the registry is unavailable. Whenever I have Docker running and I try to pull I am prompted with the following

`Error response from daemon: Get https://container-registry.oracle.com/v2/: Service Unavailable`

Answers

• Avi Miller-Oracle
    Avi Miller-Oracle Senior Solution Architect, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Developer Adoption Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 4,821 Employee
    edited Jan 31, 2020 2:43PM

That's a response I've not seen before. What changes did you make to Docker's config.json to allow you to login? I didn't have to make any changes to my config on my external macOS boxes to login and pull from Oracle Container Registry, so I'm wondering if that's the cause of your pull issue.

edited Feb 3, 2020 8:35AM

My config.json looks as so...

{  "stackOrchestrator" : "swarm",  "credsStore" : "osxkeychain",  "auths" : {    "container-registry.oracle.com" : {    }  },  "experimental" : "disabled",  "HttpHeaders" : {    "User-Agent" : "Docker-Client/19.03.5 (darwin)"  }}
    edited Feb 3, 2020 8:38AM

However, I did just perform another login which succeeded, that resulted in my config.json looking like:

{        "auths": {                "container-registry.oracle.com": {},                "https://index.docker.io/v1/": {}        },        "HttpHeaders": {                "User-Agent": "Docker-Client/19.03.5 (darwin)"        },        "credsStore": "osxkeychain",        "experimental": "disabled",        "stackOrchestrator": "swarm"}

Then when performing the docker pull I received back:

Error response from daemon: Get https://container-registry-phx.oracle.com/v2/middleware/fmw-infrastructure/manifests/12.2.1.3: unauthorized: authentication required
    edited Feb 3, 2020 10:30AM

I was ultimately able to get this to work thinking that it was an internal network/proxy issue.  Thank you for replying.  I'm not sure how to close this though.

• Avi Miller-Oracle
    Avi Miller-Oracle Senior Solution Architect, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Developer Adoption Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 4,821 Employee
    edited Feb 3, 2020 3:25PM

Could you let us know how you resolved this (in case someone else has the same issue)? Also, you can just mark one of the replies, preferably the one in which you outline how you fixed the problem, as the "Correct Answer".