• 2,262,456 Discussions
  • 7,900,869 Comments

Discussions

Is it possible to add a new property to the appearence section

Soukaina IDRISSI
Soukaina IDRISSI Member Posts: 880 Bronze Badge
edited Feb 7, 2020 11:20AM in APEX Discussions

Hi Experts,

Im using APEX19.2, and i want to know if is it possible to add a new property to the appearence section like icon in the Button Template ?

Thank you for help.

Tagged:

Answers

• Eric.Sacramento
    Eric.Sacramento Member Posts: 215 Blue Ribbon
    edited Feb 7, 2020 9:07AM

@Soukaina IDRISSI,

If you want to add a new property you need to create your on template.

Did you try to use font awesome to put the icon where you want ?

Cheers,

Eric

• Soukaina IDRISSI
    Soukaina IDRISSI Member Posts: 880 Bronze Badge
    edited Feb 7, 2020 9:49AM

Hi Eric,

Thank you for reply.

My need is to do something like this:

pastedImage_1.png

And in my template Text with Icon, the Definition of the Normal Template will be:

<button type="button" onclick="#JAVASCRIPT#" id="#BUTTON_ID#" class="ma-button #BUTTON_CSS_CLASSES#" #BUTTON_ATTRIBUTES#>  <i class="#ICON_CSS_CLASSES#" aria-hidden="true"></i>  <span class="ma-button-label #HIDE_LABEL#">#LABEL#</span>  <i class="#ICON_CSS_CLASSES#" aria-hidden="true"></i></button>
  • fac586
    fac586 Senior Technical Architect Member Posts: 21,101 Red Diamond
    edited Feb 7, 2020 10:20AM
    Soukaina IDRISSI wrote:Im using APEX19.2

It's equally important to know which theme you are using, especially if it's non-standard as appears to be the case: https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=42:6301:::NO:::

When posting a UI question always fully identify the theme/theme style/theme version being used. That applies to custom themes as much (if not more so) as it does to the Universal Theme. "Material Design" isn't sufficiently detailed, we need to know exactly which implementation is involved (and you'd be better putting any questions related to it directly to the provider in the first instance).

and i want to know if is it possible to add a new property to the appearence section like icon in the Button Template ?

No this is not possible.

Universal Theme icon + text buttons have a built-in Hide Label on Mobile template option for doing this.

• Sylvain Martel
    Sylvain Martel Member Posts: 791 Silver Trophy
    edited Feb 7, 2020 11:20AM

Hello Soukaina,

If you could explain your business requirement, maybe we could provide another way to satisfy this requirement.

Regards.