This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,890,299 Users
  • 2,269,776 Discussions
  • 7,916,824 Comments

Discussions

java program cannot access my external hd on osx catalina

I am using java software SeqMonk developed by a university in england.   I have data on an external drive I want to access.  However, when I go to that drive off of /Volumes/Seagat8TB  (my external partition)  I see no files.   I have attempted to remedy this by going into preferences, security, privacy and adding the program to allow to use FULL DISK ACCESS.  But it does not seem to do anything.   I also looked for problems running a java monitor tool while trying to access the external drive.   I do not see anything indicating a problem.  It is like a lack permision somehow to read the external hard drive with the program.  I can see the harddrive with disk utilities and go to the data using cd /.   I contacted the software vendor and they have no idea what is causing the problem other than possibly something to do with gatekeeper and the latest mac os.