Forum Stats

• 3,758,404 Users
  • 2,251,383 Discussions
  • 7,870,182 Comments

Discussions

Problems with Oracle's Maven Central libraries

3693536 Member Posts: 4

Hi

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this and if so where should I post this?

Thank you very much for adding the libraries to Maven Central however these libraries aren't working correctly.

The libraries don’t reference the versioned library:

The Class-Path manifest attribute in /app/libs/orai18n-19.3.0.0.jar referenced one or more files that do not exist: file:/app/libs/orai18n-mapping.jar,file:/app/libs/orai18n-utility.jar,file:/app/libs/orai18n-collation.jar,file:/app/libs/orai18n-translation.jar,file:/app/libs/orai18n-net.jar,file:/app/libs/orai18n-servlet.jar,file:/app/libs/orai18n-lcsd.jar,file:/app/libs/orai18n-tools.jar,file:/app/libs/gdk_custom.jar

The Class-Path manifest attribute in /app/libs/ojdbc8–19.3.0.0.jar referenced one or more files that do not exist: file:/app/libs/oraclepki.jar

The Class-Path manifest attribute in /app/libs/oraclepki-19.3.0.0.jar referenced one or more files that do not exist: file:/app/libs/osdt_core.jar,file:/app/libs/osdt_cert.jar,file:/app/oracle.osdt/osdt_core.jar,file:/app/oracle.osdt/osdt_cert.jar

When I tried using ojdbc10-19.3.0.0 it ended up including ojdbc8-19.3.0.0. Aurelije mentioned on your blog post that this was because ucp-19.3.0.0 has a dependency on ojdbc8-19.3.0.0.

Could someone please look into the problems with these libraries?

Tagged:

Answers

• Nirmala Sundarappa-Oracle
    Nirmala Sundarappa-Oracle Member Posts: 88 Employee
    edited Feb 19, 2020 5:01PM

Note that the JDBC drivers are available on cental maven. For the list of files on central maven, refer to the blog for more details. Note that we do not have all the jars that you are looking for. we do have oraclepki.jar, osdt_core.jar, and osdt_cert.jar. Let me know if you have any questions

edited Feb 20, 2020 3:49AM

Hi Nirmala

Thank you for trying to assist. This problem's I'm listing are with the Maven Central JDBC drivers. Maven Central does not have oraclepki.jar, osdt_core.jar, and osdt_cert.jar. It does have oraclepki-19.3.0.0.jar, osdt_core-19.3.0.0.jar, and osdt_cert-19.3.0.0.jar. This is the problem in that they are not referencing the correct versioned libraries. Note that in my report I'm listing the problem from orai18n-19.3.0.0.jar, ojdbc8–19.3.0.0.jar and oraclepki-19.3.0.0.jar in a single application where oraclepki.jar is being listed as missing even though oraclepki-19.3.0.0.jar is present. In order for the libraries in Maven Central to be usable, all the dependencies need to be correctly referenced and ideally they should also be present on Maven Central. I do thank Oracle for making a first step into providing these libraries on Maven Central, as it is very beneficial for developers to be able to access these libraries without needing to resort to either having local copies or the continuous problems that Oracle's own Maven repository causes.

Thank you

• Nirmala Sundarappa-Oracle
    Nirmala Sundarappa-Oracle Member Posts: 88 Employee
    edited Mar 29, 2020 4:44AM

Sorry for the late reply. Few clarifications.
    (1) Central Maven is the distribution channel for Oracle JDBC drivers (ojdbcN.jar) and UCP (ucp.jar), along with other jars that are required for some functionalities. We do have oraclepki.jar, osdt_core.jar and osdt_cert.jar that are downloaded when you download JDBC driver. These files are version specific. So, if you provide 19.3.0.0 then, the files are related to 19.3.0.0.

Similarly, you can download these files for any other version as well. Maven always appends version number to these files as these are version specific. Check out the OTN for the Jars.

(2) We cannot post all libraries present in the Oracle Database server. We do not have orai18n-collation.jar, gdk_customer.jar, orai18n-mapping.jar etc., You still need to get these from the server side.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

edited May 5, 2020 12:27PM

Thank you for your response. Sorry that I didn't reply sooner. I didn't seem to receive any notification.

1. "We do have oraclepki.jar, osdt_core.jar and osdt_cert.jar that are downloaded when you download JDBC driver. These files are version specific. So, if you provide 19.3.0.0 then, the files are related to 19.3.0.0." So are you saying that for example that orai18n-mapping.jar is version specific, but that all versions of orai18n-mapping.jar are named the same file name? This is helpful for a download, but not helpful when the Maven repository rightly uses version specific file names. It would be more helpful if the references included the version as they are in Maven the same way as ojdbc8–19.3.0.0.jar is obviously for version 19.3.0.0 and in Maven that way. However ojdbc8–19.3.0.0.jar is referencing oraclepki.jar rather than oraclepki-19.3.0.0.jar, when orai18n-19.3.0.0.jar is in the Maven repository and oraclepki.jar is not. Please note that oraclepki-19.3.0.0.jar is in the classpath as it is among those with reference issues and that oraclepki.jar is among the reference issues.

2. Thank you for clarifying that some libraries are currently intentionally unavailable via Maven. For all files that aren't in Maven it is helpful to have then have the same file name and available via a download as they are currently. I look forward to when all the references of the libraries on Maven are in Maven and I'm very thankful for this very big first step to getting there.