• 3,733,838 Users
  • 2,246,829 Discussions
  • 7,856,890 Comments

Discussions

Webutil problem when uploading excel file through Oracle Forms 10g

shuvro
shuvro Member Posts: 30 Blue Ribbon
edited February 2020 in Forms

Hi everyone. I have a module to upload excel file which is developed in Oracle Forms 10g. My application server is Windows server 16. The module was working well. But recently, i got problems with some Windows 10 pc and the module is not working. I have turned on  Java console to view the errors and the console shows the following : 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2020-Feb-25  14:56:26.94 ERROR>WUO-714 [OleFunctions.setExceptionValues()] Unable to get the last OLE Error details; Exception
null
2020-Feb-25  14:56:26.94 ERROR>WUO-709 [OleFunctions.get_obj_property_args()] Unable to get Property: Cells; Exception
com.jacob.com.ComFailException: Can't map name to dispid: Cells

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that jacob.dll,JNIsharedstubs.dll,d2kwut60.dll all are okay in server and client pc..

Could someone please help me regarding this issue ?

Thanks is advance !!!

Answers

• Michael Ferrante-Oracle
    Michael Ferrante-Oracle Senior Principal Product Manager USMember Posts: 6,627 Employee
    edited February 2020

First I'll start by saying that Forms 10 was never certified for use on Win2016 or Win10.  So although this likely has nothing to do with your current issue, it may expose other issues later.

Second, if you are absolutely certain the functionality you mentioned was previously working in the same environment (server and client) and today it is not working then you have to assume something was changed.  Consider the following possible changes very carefully:

1.  Change in client side Java version

2.  Change in MS Office version or patch level

3.  Change in the client Windows version or patch level

4,  Change to JACOB version

5.  Change in application code

6.  Change in document (xls) format being read

One or more of the above must have changed IF this always worked correctly in the past.

shuvro
  • shuvro
    edited February 2020

Thanks Michael for your kind valuable suggestions. But here, i have to inform you that we got the mentioned problem only in windows 10 (Version 1909) client PC.

Other client PCs like Windows 7, Windows 10 (Version 1903,1900) are still working fine.

Version of not working client PC :-

Capture.JPG

Thanks in advance for your next potential feedback.

• Frank Hoffmann
    Frank Hoffmann Member Posts: 777 Gold Badge
    edited February 2020

Can you tell us your exact Jacob Version?

You might have an have a problem of incompatibility. I found this error combination at Oracle support:

WUO-714 [OleFunctions.setExceptionValues()] ..

WUO-708 [OleFunctions.get_obj_property()]

Solution was:

1) Download the 1.8 version of jacob.dll e.g.

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jacob-project/jacob_18.zip

( Don't use Jacob version 1.9  for Forms 9.0.4.x

for: 10.1.2.0.2 , the solution has been tested and worked with Jacob.dll version 1.9.

But for another customer with 10.1.2.2, it received error:

Forms Applet version is : 10.1.2.2
    Exception occurred during event dispatching:
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
    at oracle.forms.webutil.ole.OleFunctions.set_obj_property(Unknown Source)
    at oracle.forms.webutil.ole.OleFunctions.setProperty(Unknown Source)

With Jacob 1.8 it works fine.

-> Best is to use Jacob 1.8 also with 10.1.2.x

2) Copy it to the location of the old jacob.jar file e.g. the webutil\lib

3) Update the file webutil.cfg in order so the new version of jacob.dll is picked up by the WebUtil code. e.g
    Comment out the line

2) Copy it to the location of the old jacob.jar file e.g. the webutil\lib

3) Update the file webutil.cfg in order so the new version of jacob.dll is picked up by the WebUtil code. e.g

Comment out the line

install.syslib.0.7.1=jacob.dll|94208|1.0|true

change to

#install.syslib.0.7.1=jacob.dll|94208|1.0|true

and add the line:

install.syslib.0.7.1=jacob.dll|94208|1.2|true

Notes:

This line needs to contain the size of the new dll e.g the size in this example being 94208. If the new version of the jacob.dll does not appear to be picked up correctly, clear the cache

• shuvro

Hi Frank,

I have tried with your provided jacob_18.zip (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jacob-project/jacob_18.zip) version. But unfortunately it is not working. However, i have used jacob version 1.0 which i extracted from webutil.cfg file.

Is there anything else which i missed from your provided solution?