Forum Stats

• 3,780,928 Users
  • 2,254,456 Discussions
  • 7,879,497 Comments

Discussions

Git Pending Changes

_Dylan_
_Dylan_ Member Posts: 587 Bronze Badge

I was playing around with putting a SQL Developer Data Modeler model in git (Using SQL Developer 19.2, not the standalone version). I noticed there are two Git Pending Changes

• Team -> Git -> Pending Changes = Pending Changes (Git)
  • Team -> Data Modeler -> Pending Changes = Pending Changes (Data Modeler)

...where (2) is always empty, and (1) has pending model changes mixed in with changes from all git repos.

Just curious...

Is (2) a vestigial appendage of the stand alone version that won't really do anything? Or should I expect these two Pending Changes to do something different?

Is there a way I could force specific repos to show up in Data Modeler Pending Changes (specifically model repo)?

Is there a way to filter Pending Changes (git) to a single repo when looking at pending changes?

Answers

• Philip Stoyanov-Oracle
    Philip Stoyanov-Oracle Member Posts: 3,367 Employee
    edited Apr 3, 2020 2:25AM
    putting a SQL Developer Data Modeler model in git (Using SQL Developer 19.2, not the standalone version)

DM is extension in SQL Developer - DM has additional Git functionality on top of what is in plain SQL Developer but you need first to activate Data modeler in order that functionality to be loaded and to start to work. So it's important at what point you put yyour model under Git control.

Team -> Data Modeler -> Pending Changes = Pending Changes (Data Modeler)

This is for SVN.

For other question - yes, you need to use standalone version of DM - it's good to move to 19.4 there is a fix for performance problem with large designs there.

It's good to read PDF here ( there are some remarks specific to 19.2)

or help in 19.4 and up - https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/sql-developer-data-modeler/19.4/dmdug/data-modeler-concepts-usage.html#GUID-C…

Philip